Chapter 27

"Look at Gage he is so smug," Trent said.

"Why are you staring at him?" Mac asked.

"Cause he is an asshole?" Trent said.

"Still doesn't explain why you are staring at him," Mac said. They were sitting outside on a beautiful day, class was canceled because Sydney started going into to labor. Half the teachers went to support her, but a few stayed so they still had to go to a couple of classes.

"Well, he is staring at us," Trent said. He was half sitting up Katie's head on his lap. Mac was laying down, her head on Jason's lap, John was talking to Susie and Brad the two newest members of the group. 

They were twins but had split personalities. Susie was wild and free, where as Bard was a lot like John who mostly had his head in a book all day. Both were wicked smart though. She met them just like she did Justin, both were cowering away from some jerks from Alpha Brett's pack. Picking on them because they were rogues. Ethan and Justin were in their first class and were going to join after.

"No, he is staring at Mac," Brad said. Mac scrunched up her nose and so did Jason.

"You know what I hate," Mac said.

"That Gage is staring at you?" Jason said.

Mac ignored him "I am in high school again. We are in high school. I went to college and yet somehow I am in high school again. Can somebody please tell me what is going on with my life?"

"That does suck," Trent said. "Our lives really suck."

"I'm not saying they suck, I'm saying, well I don't know what I'm saying," Mac said, she sat up looking over at Trent.

"What's going on?" Ethan and Justin asked joining them on the grass.

"Mac is hating on life, she might be depressed," Trent said.

"I'm not depressed, I'm just lost," Mac said.

"Well let's make you lest loss, how about a game of truth or dare?" Ethan asked.

"Lame," Susie said.

"Not if you do it right. Let's put some money on it" Ethan said. "Trent truth or dare?"

"Dare," Trent said. Katie sat up knowing that he was about to do something stupid.

"I dare you to do cartwheels across the lawn. At least six of them for five bucks." Ethan said.

"Easy," Trent said. He started at one side and did the worst cartwheels known to man. It looked like a gorilla trying to flip over. The rest of the people out on the lawn couldn't help but stare.

"Now your turn," Trent said to Ethan once he got back.

"Bring it," Ethan said.

"Jump across all those tables? Ten bucks" Trent said. He pointed to a couple of crowded tables filled with Gage's pack.

"Easy," Ethan said. He slowly walks up to the group. "Hey, guys Mac wants to say something to you," Ethan said.

The group slowly walked over to her. She was just staring at them like a fish out of water.

"Um, hi," Mac said.

"You wanted to talk to all of us?" One of the guys in the group said, Gage and Collin stayed at the tables, they glanced over but weren't saying anything. After Mac's last encounter, Collin has avoided her like the plague which she really didn't mind. Just meant fewer pranks.

"Right, I want to task all of you, um," Mac said, not sure what to say. "Um, do you guys like to party?" Mac said.

None of them responded just giving her a quizzical look. She could see Ethan jumping from one table to the next with ease, only Collin, and Gage watching him.