Ryan Walker

"I hate you...I hate you...Oh look at that, I even hate you! It's absolutely insane how I hate everyone here." Ryan mumbled to herself as she walked through her school's parking lot. Students huddled around cars in groups, laughing and talking with each other.

She wondered how every morning last year they seemed to be outside. But now, it was a new year.

It was pouring rain just five minutes ago, yet now it isn't. Ryan was soaking wet. She'd forgotten her umbrella on her walk to school.

"God just decided to pour a bucket of water all over me huh?" She thought to herself, shaking her head. "It's my lucky day!" She muttered lowly.

"Talking to yourself again?" Her best friend, Seth asked, throwing his arm around her shoulder.

Seth was a fair skinned guy with brown hair that almost covered his ocean blue eyes. His face was covered in freckles.

He and Ryan had been friends since childbirth; well, that's what he claimed. Their mothers were best friends who also grew up together.

"No." Ryan told him, rolling her eyes. He pulled at her earphones and she scowled at him. Ryan usually had earphones in her ears, she loved to listen to music.

"Leave my girlfriend alone." Ryan's frown turned into a smile as arms wrapped around her.

"Hey baby." She leaned down and kissed the girl, who's name was Ellie. Ellie was scolding HOT and captain of the cheerleading team. Ryan was surprised Ellie liked her, especially because she usually dated guys. She had straight blonde hair that cascaded down her back. Her body was absolutely perfect, just how Ryan liked.

Everything about Ellie was what Ryan liked.

"Hey there cutie." Ellie told her, playing with her necklace. The necklace was given to her by Ellie, for their seven month anniversary last week.

A flash of light pulled the two of them out of their trance and Ryan frowned.

"Yearbook pictures! The school's most popular couple." A short guy yelled excitedly to them.

"Fuck off." Ryan told him, frowning deeply. "The people here are annoying as shit." She mumbled. There's no way he's taking year book pictures, it's the beginning of the year.

"Tell me about it." Seth agreed, shaking his head. A girl passed by him and he grinned and pulled her into him. "Thought I wouldn't see you?" The girl giggled and put her hand on his chest.

"Just messing with you babe." She told him, standing on her toes and kissing him. This was Francesca, Seth's girlfriend. She was a short, pale girl with dyed black hair and green eyes.

"So, tonight you'll be at mine right? Date night?" Ryan asked Ellie.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world baby." Ryan smiled and kissed her. "As soon as I get from practice I'll be there and I can shower at yours too." Ellie's finger twirled around Ryan's long hair, making her grin.

"Is that like a hidden meaning or something, I'm a bit slow to catch on." Ellie rolled her eyes but laughed.

"Wow Ry, really?" Ryan laughed too and followed Ellie to her locker as Seth and Francesca went the other way. "How's your mom doing?" Ellie asked as she looked through her locker. Ryan's mother was a police officer. She'd been shot two weeks ago and had just gotten out of the hospital.

"She's doing great, her arm seems to be in good shape. Dad's been taking care of her." Ryan told her, though she wasn't sure. She hated that her mom was a police officer. She was always in so much danger, Ryan was always worried. She just wanted her mother to be safe.