Something to Remember

Something weird was going on. Ellie stared at Ryan with a smile. It was a weird smile. She guessed that her crush had gotten worse, because that's what it seemed like.

"I've got a surprise for you." Ryan raised her eyebrows.

"Really? What?" Ellie grinned and sighed.

"Okay! So, I hadn't told you, but I kept having these dreams, right?" Ryan nodded slowly. "And I just kept liking you more and more, it was weird. But I remember it all now Ryan." Ryan's eyes widened and she blinked for a while.

"What?"

"I remember." Ellie told her, walking over and throwing her arms around Ryan's shoulders. "I remember how much I love you and the day of the wreck when you told me to drive safe. I told you to walk safe, and I was jealous of that girl." Ellie pressed her lips against Ryan's. She pushed Ellie back. Ryan stared at her and shook her head. She walked backwards, still shaking her head.

"I... I can't deal with this right now. I need... I need some time." Ryan ran out of the room and to her bike. She needed to clear her mind.

By now she had realized, who helps her clear her mind the most? So what if Maya was actually a factor in this? She'd still help her.

She drove to Maya's apartment and ran up the stairs.

She knocked on the door, just as rapidly and panic stricken as she had the day she found out Ellie was hurt. Maya opened the door quickly, angry at first, then her face softened.

"Ryan? What's wrong?" Ryan sighed and walked in the house.

"It's just crazy Maya. It's a mess. She remembers again. I never expected her to remember again." Maya stared at her.

"So, is this happening again?" Maya asked, starting to get irritated.

"No. I mean, she kissed me and I still love her, but-"

"Then be with her." Maya told her, pissed off. Ryan frowned.

"What? I came here to tell you that I wanted to be with you instead. I love you Maya." Maya stared at her before huffing.

"You kissed her and you love her too though." Ryan shrugged.

"Yeah, but you never really fall out of love with someone." Maya frowned. "She kissed me and well... I love you more than her, Maya." Maya shook her head and took a deep breath.

"Well, Ryan... I'm going to Florida. I talked to my mom and dad and they think it's best. Ellie... Ellie's your age, you love her, she'll be here with you. You two could even go to college together. Just like when she was gone you fell for me. What if when I'm gone, you fall for her even harder again?" Ryan sighed and grabbed Maya's hands.

"Maya please, don't say this stuff. I don't care about that stuff. I only want you. I love you and... don't you love me?" Maya looked away and shook her head.

"No." Ryan shook her head, not believing her.

"Thank you, for trying to do what you think is best for me. But this isn't it. And it sure as hell won't make you feel better." Ryan kissed her forcefully. She kissed Ryan back, just as passionately then pushed her back.

"I think you should leave." She mumbled, wiping her lips. Ryan sighed and shook her head.

"Can't believe you'd do this to me." She muttered, disappointed, leaving the house and slamming the door. She ran down the stairs and to her bike. She took a deep breath in and started it up.

Ryan pulled up at Ellie's house. She sighed and got off the bike.She walked up the path to Ellie's, and the door flew open. All she wanted to do was tell her that nothing could happen between them.