Does the Age Really Matter?

Maya sat at the bar, thinking about today. She was glad that Mrs. Walker was doing better, she could go back to her job soon. Well... maybe in a week or so, but still, it was progress.

"Can I buy you a drink?" A girl walked up to her and asked. The girl was cute, she was thinking of saying yes, but someone cleared their throat.

"She's with me, I can take care of that." She turned around and Mrs. Walker's daughter, Ryan stood there. Ryan wore a black backwards hat over her long blond hair. She had on a burgundy button up and ripped jeans with Nike skate shoes. To Maya, Ryan was especially attractive, she was just afraid of how old Ryan was. But, if she got into here, she'd have to be old enough. Right?

Besides, Maya didn't actually plan on giving her a chance. She wanted to mess with her. Mrs. Walker had told Maya that Ryan was dating someone, for several months.

"Could you buy me a drink?" Ryan laughed at her.

"Probably not. I'd give you the money and you order it." Maya laughed and Ryan sat down by her. "You look amazing tonight, really." Ryan said checking her out. Maya shrugged, she'd heard that a lot tonight. If Ryan wanted to woo her, she had to be different.

"I've been told." Ryan raised her eyebrows.

"Bet no one's told you that your lips look good." Maya was surprised and didn't really know what to say.

"My lips?" Ryan burst out laughing and Maya laughed a little too. "No ones ever told me that."

"But they do look good, I like that lipstick." Maya had on red lipstick, which was something she only did when she was trying to pick up women. She didn't expect Ryan to come, she was going to just go find someone.

"Nope, haven't gotten that one either." Maya smiled at her, amused.

"I have to say, that lipstick would look better on me." Maya knew what she was implying, but instead, she wanted to mess with her.

"Oh, you can borrow it. I have it here in my purse." Ryan smiled and Maya did too, deciding she liked Ryan's smile. It was bright and radiant.

"Funny." Ryan told her, shaking her head. "I made it here, do I get to know your name?"

"If you answer a question for me." Ryan raised her eyebrow.

"Okay, fine."

"Where's your girlfriend?" Ryan looked at her surprised, then looked her in her eye.

"I don't have one, I was recently dumped." She could tell that Ryan was still hurt over it. She felt bad for her, she knew that it must have hurt.

"Maya." Maya told her. Ryan leaned closer, enough to where Maya could smell her cologne. She took a deep breath of it, liking it. It was sweet, yet masculine in a way.

"What'd you say?"

"Maya." She spoke louder. Ryan nodded and smiled.

"I like it, it suits you. Well Maya, what do you think about dancing with me?"

"You sure you can handle me?" Ryan smirked and shrugged.

"There's only one way to find out." Ryan hopped off the stool and held her hand out for Maya to take.

Maya grabbed her hand and followed Ryan to the floor. She liked the way Ryan carried herself, it was refreshing to have someone so confident and funny. She could tell Ryan just wanted to have fun and that's what she wanted too. Although she planned to, she really didn't want to bring someone home and that be the end. Maya was tired of that life, she was tired of entertaining girls in the bedroom.