Take Me Out

Ryan drove her bike to Maya's, happy to get out of school and happy to try and make her girl feel better.

She had tons of ideas. She wanted to take Maya somewhere, somewhere she knew Maya would love.

She parked and went up the stairs, using her key to get in. Maya sat on the couch, in her work clothes. She never wore her uniform before work. Now she'd had on a white button up and some black slacks.

She seemed so stressed out. She looked up at Ryan and gave her a forced smile.

"Hey." Ryan said softly, walking over to her. "You were just semi okay, did things crash that quickly?" Maya shrugged.

"Just thinking again, though I should probably stop." Ryan pulled Maya into her, kissing her forehead.

"What is it baby?" Maya sighed.

"I don't want to lose either of my parents to this stupidity. I just hope they come to their senses soon enough. I don't understand why they made it all such a big deal." Ryan rubbed her back.

"They'll come back to you Maya. I mean, let's think about it, I came back to you in like two hours after getting an a million dollar check to stay away! And I've only known you for about... half a year now. They'd have to be kinda stupid to not want you in their lives anyway." Maya sighed.

"I don't think so."

"Maya, you brighten everyone's day. Do you see how your father's face lights up when he sees you? And your mother, even that day she came and she was being crazy, she still seemed happy to see you. They love you Maya. I know that and I'm barely around them." Ryan knew for sure Maya brightened her day. There was no way her parents would stay away from her long. She was sure of it. "I'm sure of it." Maya looked up at her and kissed her.

"Thank you Ry." Maya rubbed Ryan's cheek and she smiled. "What'd you have planned?"

"Well, I was going to give you a nice massage, then take you out for breakfast. I know you love iHop. It'd be my treat. Yes, I'm paying."

"Ryan, that's sweet of you. I know we're going through this money shit and dad thinks you're only with me for the money, but you don't have to prove-"

"I'm not proving anything. I'm just taking care of you for the first time. You deserve a day off. I'm paying, and that's final." Maya smiled and nodded.

"Okay."

"And maybe uhh... maybe we can have sex after all of this is done." Maya looked up at her and Ryan shrugged. "Or not, it's fine with me." She mumbled.

"We'll see." But Ryan knew that'd be a yes. She shrugged nonchalantly, though she was happy inside.

"Okay, cool. Let's get this massage started hmm?" Ryan unbuttoned Maya's button up and laid it on the table. Maya laid down on the couch and Ryan sat on her back.

"Mhmm, but I didn't forget you telling my brother you're going to fuck me." Ryan snickered a little. "Not funny."

"What would you have liked for me to say? That I was coming to sex you?" Maya sighed as Ryan worked her shoulders.

"You're not getting any." Ryan leaned down, moving Maya's hair to the side and kissed her cheek.

"You're lying." She sat back up and kept massaging. "Besides, Zion was trying to stop me from leaving and mornings aren't for me. I was already pissed off for having to be there with all of those damn people. And he and Seth kept pulling my earphones out, annoying me. You don't really care anyway."

"No, because of course it's something stupid you'd say." Ryan rolled her eyes.

"You think what I say is stupid?" Maya laughed a little.