A Day Together

Maya held Ryan close to her chest. She looked down as the girl slept peacefully and smiled. What a beautiful sight.

They were supposed to be watching a movie and Ryan fell asleep. It was eleven... A.M. but, maybe Ryan was tired from the sex last night.

She laughed to herself, thinking about how two weeks ago, Detective Walker told her that Ryan should go ahead and move in with her. But Ryan only stayed on weekend nights, but weekdays, she was home. On Thanksgiving Break, Ryan was there mostly every night. That wasn't very surprising.

She didn't mind having Ryan there, not one bit. She wanted Ryan there, more than she could imagine.

Ryan stirred, and her eyes fluttered open then closed back. Maya laughed and shook her head. Ryan was such a cute sleeper.

"Don't laugh at me." She mumbled tiredly.

"You're just so cute." Ryan smiled and leaned up, trying to find Maya's lips.

"Kiss me." Ryan told her and she smiled and met Ryan's lips. Ryan pulled back and held onto her tightly. She sighed and laid on Maya's shoulder, wrapping her legs around Maya's waist. "I'm awake, I promise."

"Ryan, did I wear you out last night?" She asked, kissing Ryan's neck where a small hickey had appeared.

"Hmmm, yeah... I'll admit that you did." She laughed and Ryan picked her face up and looked at Maya. "Always laughing at me." She said, smiling. "I like this." Ryan mumbled.

"What?" Ryan looked away and shrugged.

"Us." Maya kissed her and rubbed her sides.

"I do too baby." Ryan smiled widely. "Are you going to sleep or not?"

"No, I'm okay. Movies just make me extra tired." She said, stretching a little. "And I do like to lay on you, but otherwise I won't be asleep again." Maya laughed and nodded.

"Okay then, I can start making lunch?" Ryan got off of her and rolled off the bed.

"You're speaking a language I'm all too familiar with." Ryan began running to the kitchen. Maya laughed and her heart thumped quickly as she watched Ryan. She sighed and followed her to the kitchen. "What're we having sweetie?" Ryan said, blinking her eyelashes sweetly.

"What do you want?" Ryan's eyes lit up and Maya sighed again.

"Grilled turkey sandwiches! On that cool bread you always use, please baby?" Maya laughed and nodded.

"Let's do it then." So the two began making some sandwiches. Maya was in her thoughts, wondering if this was right for her. She loved being with Ryan... it was magical almost. No one had ever been like this with her. She had never imagined things would get this far with she and Ryan. But, she couldn't complain.

"When you visited your mom for her party thing, she didn't give you any problems, did she?" It'd just been two days after party and Maya didn't tell Ryan how it'd went yet.

"Well... it's like she wants me to be with a guy still. Even though I've told her plenty of times it isn't happening. I told her I was with someone and she didn't believe me. I don't understand her..."

"Well, she'll either have to get used to it or ignore it one of these days. It's been so long since you've come out, I don't get how she still doesn't get the idea. She could be in denial about it but... you're an adult. You make your own decisions."

"Yeah, you're right about that. Then, Dad and my other mom, they've been pestering me about meeting someone. I want to tell them about you, but Dad's so strict and..."