Epilogue

"We're going ring shopping again today right?" Ryan asked Maya.

"Yeah, we don't have to look for a while after this if I don't find anything."

"You're so picky. But, I don't mind looking for it. Thankfully, I've been saving since I got that new job." Ryan had gotten tired of running out of money, so she got another job. She'd had one over the summer Maya left, but she liked to have a certain amount in her account all the time.

"But, I was going to pay for it."

"You're going to pay for mine and I'll pay for yours. Well, you'll pay for my wedding ring." Maya raised her eyebrow.

"And you're going to pay for my engagement ring and wedding ring?" Ryan shrugged and nodded. "Or we could go half." Ryan rolled her eyes.

"It's from me! Allow me to pay for this, please!"

"Fine." Ryan grinned in success and grabbed Maya's hand.

"Let's go." Maya sighed but let Ryan pull her out of the house. Ryan was ecstatic to go find rings. She hoped that today would be the day Maya found one. She could almost feel it.

"My bike or...?"

"The truck, because I feel like talking today." Ryan nodded, okay with that.

"What do you want to talk about?" Ryan asked as they drove off.

"Uhh random stuff...like why are you so anxious to get this ring?" Ryan raised her eyebrow.

"Because it's closer to us getting married." Maya shook her head.

"Either way, we'll be married after you're twenty. Same time." Ryan laughed and shrugged.

"You should be happy I'm excited to buy you a ring. It's because I love you more than anything and I want to see it on your finger."

"Hmm. Okay. I'm sorry this is taking so long. It's only engagement ring shopping and it's still taking forever." Ryan laughed again and grabbed Maya's hand.

"Baby, I don't care. We actually have a lot of fun looking around at these. Don't rush yourself, I want the best for you."

"I guess. A good thing is, I've found a wedding ring already in the process of-"

"Trust me to pick out your wedding ring." Maya blinked and glanced at Ryan quickly before back at the road.

"Babe... that's... I'll have to wear it forever." Ryan grinned widely.

"Yes. How about this? If it isn't one you love or it isn't the exact one you chose, we can take it back. My feelings won't be hurt. Just trust me. I think I know you well enough to pick what you want."

"Nothing too-"

"Nothing too big or shiny. Nothing that'll stand out too much, but something that's beautiful. It has its own beauty." Maya raised her eyebrow.

"Fine." Ryan snickered happily. "Ryan why do I think you're so cute?"

"Because one day I'm gonna be your wife. And you're supposed to think your wife is cute." Maya laughed and squeezed her hand.

"You think I'm cute?" Maya asked jokingly.

"Oh baby, do I." Ryan said, kissing Maya's cheek.

"Do you think I'll find something today?"

"You just might. Don't worry if you don't. It'll be just fine baby." Maya nodded.

They made it to the jewelry store in the mall, one they'd not been to yet.