Daddy Issues

Maya walked into her parents house and frowned at how many people where there. She looked around for her father and saw someone.

Ryan was drinking a glass of champagne, talking to her brother. Maya was surprised, yet afraid. She wanted Ryan to have a Thanksgiving, but not where her father could find out about them.

She walked over and gave a fake smile to them before pulling Ryan to the side. Ryan's eyes widened and her mouth dropped.

"Wow, you look absolutely gorgeous Maya. I'm so lucky to be yours." Maya was going to ask her why she was there, but she'd been taken aback by what Ryan had said. She smiled widely.

"Thank you Ryan, you look beautiful too." Ryan had on a blue button down with a tie and khaki's. "I wanted to ask why you were here, but I'm glad you're here. I'm lucky to have you here." Ryan smiled and drank a sip of the champagne. "Alcohol?"

"Mhmm, and it's good." Maya laughed and nodded.

"Don't drink a lot Ry. You have to ride that bike home."

"Uhh, no I don't. Zion picked me up in your dad's car. I know you're afraid of your father finding out, but I promise I won't even say a word throughout dinner. I'm just happy to be somewhere." Maya sighed.

"You don't have to not say anything Ryan. If Dad found out, so be it. He can't do anything bad to me at this point." Ryan smiled. "I'm getting tired of people asking me and I can't say anything about you. I'd like to show you off." Ryan laughed.

"I'm the one who should be showing you off." Ryan said, looking her over. "That lipstick should be smudged by now. And to think I've never seen my girlfriend in a dress. It fits your curves so nicely." Ryan groaned.

"Thank you baby, but it's so uncomfortable." She pulled it down and Ryan laughed.

"I can tell honestly." Maya groaned. "Hell, why'd you wear it?"

"I was actually going to come by your house and have a small dinner with just you and I afterwards. But..." Maya shrugged. "I like that you're here more." Ryan smiled widely.

"That would've been nice." Ryan saw General Rose walking towards them and took a step back, nodding towards him. Maya smiled and her father grinned widely.

"There's my little girl." He said, hugging her.

"Hey Daddy. There's so many people here." He released her and nodded.

"They aren't staying for dinner, I just allowed them to come and have some drinks. Ryan's staying for dinner though, right?" He asked, smiling at Ryan.

"Yes sir." He smiled widely and ruffled up her hair.

"Since you both like girls have you two become friends?" Maya and Ryan laughed, Ryan laughing harder than Maya.

"Somewhat. We talk here and there." That is true... in a way.

"That's great. I love Ryan, Maya. She's a good kid for Zion to concern himself with. I wish she liked guys, she'd keep him in line." Ryan scrunched up her nose.

"General, that's absolutely disgusting. Please never mention it again." They all laughed and he patted her arm.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it." Maya was getting antsy, she wanted her dad to know, but she wished to avoid conflict. He liked Ryan a lot, she knew this wasn't the time to tell him it was her, but she could say something.

"Dad, I have a girlfriend." His eyes widened and his smile brightened even more.

"Honey! I'm so excited! When are you going to bring her by?" Maya smiled and shrugged.