plan: make friends

How did we get from the classroom to the lunch hall? Who knows but we are here now. I sit on one side of the table next to a boy with blonde hair. He smiles like he doesn't have a care in world and he acts like a mother which makes me laugh. Across from me is the boy from earlier and sitting next to him is two other boys. One of them can't stop eating he is almost like a bottomless pit. The other boy is calm and relaxed yet has a mischievous smile on him.

I want to ask what their names are but until now I never realised how socially awkward I was. Lucky the boy from earlier looks at me "what's your name by the way?" I look up at him in shock. Seriously you saved me and gave me your number and you don't even know my name! I repress the need to say anything and reply calmly "Taemin". He smiles and stretches his hand out toward me gesturing to shake my hand and I return the gesture "nice to meet you Taemin, my name is Jonghyun" he smiled warmly.

He points to his friend on the left. "This is Onew; he likes to eat as you can tell. If you feed him he will love you forever" he laughed. Onew turned to me and nodded his head which I assumed was hello and he went back to eating.

"So how come you have such a manly name for a pretty girl like yourself?" said the boy next to me. I felt my face get hot in embarrassment "I'm...I'm not a girl" I said shakily. The boy laughed "your joking right you look like a girl so much" he said holding back the laughter. "Key stops it!" Jonghyun shouted from across the table. I turned toward him, Jonghyun pointed at key and said: "well this is key he will just about say whatever he wants but will look after you completely like a mother." I smiled and nodded at key.

Jonghyun turned to his right and pointed to the boy sitting next to him "this is Minho. He loves sports and acting he is a big drama queen but he is very mature, he is like a father figure to me". Jonghyun placed a hand on Minho's shoulder in a respectful gesture.

Minho looked at me and smiled "so what are your hobbies Taemin?" I looked at him "I don't have hobbies I guess I like to dance and sing but you must think that's gay right?" Jonghyun laughed "well then call us gay". My eyes widened and for the first time in a very long time, I felt accepted. I felt a tear run down my face and I heard it hit the table "thank...you" I said through tears. Key smiled as he wrapped an arm around me.

My hair was covering my face which was the main reason I had it long so that no one could judge me. somehow I felt excepted by them and I decided to reveal my face in hopes that they wouldn't judge me and so I pushed the hair away from my face for the first time in a long time, I smiled. Everyone around me had the same look on their faces; wide-eyed and with their mouths slightly open. Key broke the silence by slapping me on the back "ya why didn't you tell us you were handsome!" key shouted jokingly. I mimicked the look of the others "I think you need to get your eyes tested" I said.

Jonghyun smiled "if you had a haircut all the girls would be all over you" he laughed. I laughed "yeah right, it's more like the girls would abuse me more".

"Maybe your right but I think you might be wrong" Jonghyun smirked. I felt my heart quicken and then return to a normal pace

Making friends might not be so bad

Author's notes: hey guys tell me if I need to add more and I am sorry the chapters are not very long.

New authors note: I haven't made many changes to this chapter. I feel as though it has its quality and charm which I shouldn't touch.