Princess Enemy

It will always start with voices. People chanting my name. People rooting for me. People looking at me with that mesmerized look. All along I tried smiling. Yet I don’t understand what is going on. Kung bakit sila humihiyaw. Kung bakit sila tuwang-tuwa.

                  “Die Xanara… DIE!”

            Sumugod siya. Tama. Yung babaeng nasa kabilang dulo ng cage na ito. Ng apat na sulok ng isang malaking hawla na ikinukulong ang tila animo’y parisukat na entablado ng pagtatanghal.

            I don’t recognize my own actions. I knew I left a smirk in my lips and started avoiding her tackles. And in the end, when I looked at her with the picture of throwing her afar, it did. At nang tumama siya sa bakal na pundasyon ng hawla, voltage after voltage, electricity strikes her.

            It made me grin.

                 “C’mon, vampire. Iyan lang ang kaya mo?”

            She screamed and run towards me. I fixed my eyes intently on her. Kakaiba ang pakiramdam ko. Foolish to think of this with that way but why the hell am I even enjoying this thing?

                 “AAAAAAAAAH!” she screamed music to my ear.

            A melancholy of demise. Agonies of defeat. Melody of pain.

            Good. Very good.

                 “Hindi mo ulit magagawa ‘yan!”

            She held my hand, wrap me backwards with her vampire strength, and threw me away. Supposedly ay tatama ako sa hawla. But I was stopped. I really don’t know what happened pero napatigil ko ang pag-landing sa bakal na harang.

            And I turned back.

                 “XANARA! XANARA! XANARA!”

                 “KILL HER, XANARA! KILL THE VAMPIRE!”

            I was wondering why they dress so differently. Na tila ba nasa ibang panahon ako, ibang kaugalian, ibang mundo.

                 “Die, Xanara!” she shouts again.

                 “No. You die.

            And the last thing I heard was the music that runs my soul happily. The scream for pleading. The thing…

            …I love to hear the most.

***

A/N

I've had questions regarding Xanara's immortality, how many times did she died and so on so I've had a hard time avoiding that since it doesn't seem to amuse you anymore, I took it out. It is fantasy so I figured I am free to use a ruse like that given the fact that cyathea itself is phenomenally immortal. Yet I was wrong so I took it out.

It wasn't easy bringing back this certain genre and style of characters that I left with cyathea. But I managed to come off with this. I hope you will enjoy this.

If all positive alternative events exists, what could have happened to Xanara of another world? Now, I present to you Princess Enemy.