Umbrella

I have no idea what all an event manager does but I read a few pages and used my practical knowledge and came up with this, please I am sorry if I made a fool of myself. Just read and go with the flow. Tenses are running in and out, you need to excuse that and many more flaws. :P

"For one last time, lets do it"

Decoration check
Guests list check
Food check....call kerlin, shit shit shit!

You ran inside the foyer once again, as clumsy as you are something had to miss and you forgot the cake. Anything else it would have been but not the cake, everyone will notice that. "NO" you cried and rushed into the kitchen.

"Kerlin, THE CAKE." In return she gasped, she forgot too. 

You were the manager of the event, event held at the palace by the queen and you were lucky enough to get  a chance to have great promotion this was supposed to be the rise of your career. 

The majesty has trusted you and you have ruined it all, you were working so hard for this from past a month, everything was according to the plan expect a cake, there were many more but the queen appreciated a personalised cake and you missed it, how can you miss it.

The cake, it was ready just left to be picked up from order. And now it was time, guests were here and you knew it was late, it was a major event, the new year and your new year was surely not going to be happy. 

But you were not going to loose hopes, not so easily. It was a big event and you had so many subordinates, not to put blame on surely but you can count on them to run and take the delivery. Yes that was an option. You needed to stay right here because there were other things that needed to be taken care of, being an event manager was not easy.

"Adam. you need to rush now and get the queen's special cake from the fabrique bakery. Now, go" you literally pushed him and he really was someone you really can count on, he followed your harsh, no, fast instructions and ran away with a smile. 

You sighed in relief, it wasn't as big of a deal as you thought, oh no you made it a big deal. It was fine, it was going to be fine. 

Just the palace and the queen things were quite new and sophisticated to what you have dealt till today so you were nervous and anyway you were brilliant and also confident. 

Clumsy yet confident, well an event manager no matter how hard they try there always something missing, people will point on you and you were fine, just the queen and so you cared more than you normally did.

But now all was fine, your breath and your walk. You still had that check list and were checking on the last few items when this man collided. Your eyes were on the paper so it was excusable but this man, you look at him up and down, talking over the phone and the other hand stuck in an.. umbrella. 

"You need glasses not that funny umbrella" you spoke, eyes again on the paper in hand, you were fine with everything and everyone but your pity habit of making sarcastic comments which you always thought were funny led to problems, like now..

It was not late when you realised who he was, Mycroft Holmes, you have heard about him and his ice man persona by your sister, Irene. And your comment was so wrong for the kind of man he was, you looked up again just to notice his steel eyes darting into your hazel colored ones, thank god he still was talking over the phone so he hadn't come up with a snappy get back at you, and before he could you tried you best to cover it up, "NO! Infact its quite sexy, suits you."

There was no change in his expressions, stone like face. Maybe he didn't like it either, huh.
With a wave of his hand he asked you to stay where you were, and you followed. Not even a minute later he terminated the call and all his attention was at you.