Prologue-

Prologue-

Sophie shook her head at her friends. "I'm not going to decide right now, and that's final."

Biana stood up, dragging Fitz with her. "We need to head home. Let me know when you've made your choice, Sophie."

"Hey!" Fitz protested, grabbing Keefe's arm. "If he's not going, I'm not going."

"Dude," Keefe said with a smirk. "You think you can resist her? Really?" The smile disappeared. "Guys, I need to talk to Foster. Like, alone."

Linh rose, Tam following her like a shadow. "We'll go. Bye!" The two made it out of her room fairly quickly, with Biana dragging Fitz behind her.

"Um," Dex said, "I'm going to go with them." He snuck a quick glance at her. "Unless you need me?"

Sophie shook her head, and watched as he left the room. Turning to face Keefe, she kept her tone light. "What's up?"

"I was going to ask you the same thing," he said with a smile that seemed almost...sad. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she said quickly, trying to control her emotions.

"Foster?" He looked at her, shaking his head. "What's going on?"

Sophie glanced up at him. "I think this is going to tear us apart."

"What?" He asked with obvious surprise.

Sophie shook her head at him. "I feel like all of the pressure is on me, you know, to choose. Between you and Fitz, my decision could tear our group apart. I haven't decided who I like yet, not even if I want to date."

"Foster?" Keefe's voice was filled resignation. "I don't understand."

She looked up at him, her eyes pleading. "Please, can I have some time, to think?"

"Yeah, okay," Keefe said, backing away. "Take all the time you need." He strode out of the room, leaving Sophie alone with her thoughts.