Chapter 16-

Chapter 16- Tam & Linh POVs

Tam's POV

"You're blind to how he's using you!" Tam shouted at his sister. He couldn't understand how she thought that he actually liked her in that way. He only really had eyes for Sophie these days, and it was going to break Linh's heart.

"He's not using me," Linh protested, throwing her hands up in the air beside her. "Why does everyone think that?" Anger had hardened in her eyes and her soft voice was gradually getting louder in result of it. Then all of the anger drained out of her eyes, and she glanced at Tam. "Don't you want me to be happy?" A single tear slid down her cheek, and she stalked into her bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

Tam let out a sigh. She'd known so much suffering, but she was still the same naïve person. It was killing him! Going into his soundproof room, after locking the door, he pulled out his imparter. "Biana," he whispered to it.

Immediately she answered his call. Her teal eyes shined eagerly as she awaited the news, her beautiful black hair framing her face in such a dainty, delicate way. "Tam, did you find anything out?"

He sighed. Biana had him wrapped around her precious finger, and she knew it. "No, nothing. Just...Linh really thinks that he's in like with her, for real." His eyes met hers across the screen. "What are we supposed to do?"

Biana's pretty head tilted in thought. She hesitated, before turning to him. "Sophie, Keefe, and I were planning a prank to do it...but I feel like that won't work. What if...what if we have Sophie have Fitz kiss her...and her not kiss back."

Tam gulped. "Wouldn't Keefe get upset?"

"Not if we tell him first."

He bit his lip. "We're still going to break her heart, though."

Biana's head nodded firmly. "It's kind of inevitable, at this point. The only thing we can do is break it before she falls farther, so it won't hurt as much."

"Oh." Tam's voice sounded hollow, even to him.

Linh's POV

I can't believe him! She ran her hands through her black hair, anger putting edges on her soft features. He knows how much this means to me! Sighing, she rested her back onto her bed.

She really did think that Fitz liked her. Just because he'd liked Sophie first didn't mean that he still liked her!

Fitz. The name sent chills up her spine. She smiled in memory.

...

"Linh." Fitz ran his hand through his hair, making it shoot up in spikes, which somehow made him look even better if possible, his teal orbs focused on her. There was something in them, but she couldn't distinguish what. "I was wondering..."

Is he going to ask me out? Her heart had leapt in her throat, as she sucked in a breath.

"Would you like to go out with me?" Guilt filled his features, but she brushed it off, figuring that it was just for not caring for Sophie at all, which she was okay with.

"Of course," she whispered softly, trying not to seem too desperate. Her hand twisted her ring back and forth on her finger.

"Hey," his voice came out, and his hand tipped her chin upwards, sending tingles up her spine. "Don't be nervous."

Linh smiled, flustered. "I'm not nervous." For some reason, though, a smile hadn't broken out onto her face until now, but this one was forced. Something felt off.

Awkward tension filled the air for a moment.

Fitz flashed a grin, brightening the mood. "So, how's Friday for a first date?"

"Perfect," Linh breathed, knowing that if she had anything that day she could come up with some excuse; this was too important. "Right after school?"

"You know it," he said.

She let out a girly giggle. "What should I wear?"

"Oh, um," Fitz looked embarrassed. "formal wear would probably be best."

"Formal it is," Linh teased. Flipping her hair over her shoulder, she smiled, standing. "I'll be looking forward to it." This was too awkward, she wouldn't want to continue much longer.

Fitz stood too, lacing his fingers in hers. "I will too," he mumbled, almost looking shy.

...

Linh's smile had disappeared, replaced with self-doubt. Maybe he didn't like her. Shaking the thought from her head, she smiled. She was determined to enjoy this date, no matter what. Who cared what the others thought? She smiled, feeling the small thrill of rebellion run through her. She hadn't told Tam about the date!

But her moment was ruined when she realized that he was mad at her. Tam and her never fought, ever. How was it that a boy could be the cause of it, so easily? Well, he was wrong, she decided. But she was going to make it up to Tam. She refused to be in a silly fight over a boy with him.

Standing up, she walked out of her room and to Tam's. Knocking, she asked, "Can we talk?"

The door opened almost instantly. "Yeah," her brother said. "Yeah, we should talk."

Stepping into his room, Linh sank onto the bed. "I'm really sorry that I fought with you over...that. It was silly."

Tam's eyes were searching hers now. "I'm sorry too, and against my better judgement, I am going to say that I'll try to stay out of your...your love life in the future."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note-

Yay! We got enough votes! Let's go, guys. Just wanted to say thank you, again, for choosing to read my writing and make such great comments. This chapter is dedicated to all of you guys that support me. (If you're reading this, that's you!)

Thank you so much!

Keep voting and commenting!

Owl~