Chapter 18-

Chapter 18 - Sophie and Keefe's POVs - Dedicated to keeperofthelostsamis for being so supportive.

Sophie's POV

"You're so beautiful, you know that?" Keefe's voice was dead serious. One of his hands let go of hers, reaching up to her face. He brushed it across her cheek lightly, then cupped her face.

"Yeah?" Sophie couldn't breathe. She couldn't breathe. He was going to kiss her. Going. To. Kiss. Her. Every time he touched her, it was as though an eel had shocked her. The space between them was so little, she was tempted to lean in and close the distance, but like most girls, she wanted him to make the move.

The corners of his mouth crinkled. Amusement was clear on his face for a brief moment, before his gaze drifted to her lips.

The universal sign that they wanted to kiss you.

And kiss her, he did. Keefe leaned in, his lips brushing hers as his eyes asked if she was okay with this, if she was ready. He knew it was her first kiss.

But Sophie's emotions were calm and composed. Love was evident. She smiled against the light touch of his lips. Her eyelids fluttered shut on instinct.

He took that as an answer, tilting her head up to him and tenderly pressing his lips to hers.

In that minute, Sophie didn't care that she was inexperienced. She was kissing a boy, her first boyfriend. Her first kiss.

His lips were warm, leaving cold behind in their wake. She opened her eyes. Keefe's eyelids fluttered open after hers, locking onto her gaze and holding it within his own. The both of them gulped some of the frigid air, relishing the feeling of inhaling and exhaling.

Sophie's arm reached out, making a soft trail up his arm.

Her boyfriend's breathing hitched, his sight suddenly fixated on where her hand was.

She smiled at him, letting it come to rest on his chest. She pressed her fingers against his chest lightly, feeling his heart pounding. It pretty much matched hers, surprisingly a bit faster. "Keefe," she breathed.

"Sophie." His arms snaked around her waist, and he lifted her, spinning her around. For once she got to look down on him.

She laughed, spreading her arms out in the air. It felt like flying.

But all the same, good things have to end at some point. After another minute, Keefe let her down, but not removing his arms from her waist.

Sophie wrapped her arms around him in an embrace. He was obviously surprised, his arms slacking from his waist for a moment before coming back to lasso her upper half.

She leaned her head against his shoulder, heart finally starting to slow. She sighed, letting everything out and relaxing against him.

Sensing that she was tired, her boyfriend lifted her bridal style effortlessly once again, carrying her over to the bed and setting her down.

Sophie's breathing slowed, indicating that she was falling asleep.

Keefe smiled at her, then pulled a blanket onto her. He kissed her forehead. Knowing that she slept best with him, he laid down beside her. His arms embraced her, keeping her close to share the warmth he provided.

She snuggled into his strong form, finally letting sleep overtake her. This hadn't happened in a long, long time.

...

Keefe's POV (This from where Sophie's POV starts)

I'm going to kiss her.

There was nothing to interrupt him this time. "You're so beautiful, you know that?" He lightly trailed his hand across her skin, then gently cupped her cheek in his hand.

She leaned into it. "Yeah?" Her breaths were short, showing that he had a definite effect on her. It came to a surprise that her cheeks weren't super red by now. Did that show that she was okay with this? It was her first, he was aware. But he wanted to be her first.

She was so cute. He smiled at her, gently tilting her head back, up to him.

She's wonderful. It was the one thought that filled his mind. Cheesy? Definitely.

His lips brushed hers, only holding back in fear that she wasn't ready.

Sophie's eyelids fluttered shut, a smile gracing her lips. An okay.

Keefe's lips met hers in one smooth motion, a soft, tender kiss. The moment was perfect, for once. He felt her eyelids flutter open, and pulled away, the one hand of hers that he still held gripped tightly. His eyes opened, and he found her gaze, getting lost in her eyes.

"Keefe." Sophie held it for a second. Only one. Then her gaze broke away, her free hand moving to his arm.

Tingles shot up his spine, caused by her small hand that was now significant. He watched it cautiously, wondering where it would go. His breath hitched at the feel of her touch. "Sophie."

She didn't stop there. Foster's hand eventually came to a rest against his chest, fingers determining his racing heartbeat. Her eyes lifted, curiosity swimming in the depths as they met his.

Keefe was soon astonished to find that she had wrapped her arms around him. His arms slacked against her sides, where he'd laced them amongst her curves. Now he hugged her back. Her head fell, resting comfortably on his shoulder. He felt taunt muscles relax on his, signifying that she was tired. He scooped her up without a word, placing her on the bed before climbing in beside her.

Gosh, Sophie...what are you doing to me? He shook his head slowly at her sleeping form, careful not to disturb her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note-

I'm curious. How did I do? I've read so many romance novels and such...but I need a rave review here. How did I do? Did this make you feel anything? (I want to have done well.) If you're anything like me, you're jumping up and down squealing right now, inside or out. What was your reaction like?

Please comment, I need some constructive criticism, or at least a comment. How do you like to see a kiss written?

Alright, enough with the interrogations. One last thing, though. Do you think that they'll stay together? Or do you think she'll end up with Fitz? Or Derek?

Let me know, and make sure to vote so I can put the next chapter up!

Just a warning: the next chapter is a huge plot twist, and the last of the book.

Owl~