Chapter 7-

Chapter 7-

Sophie stumbled onto the sand. Wait, sand? She glanced up, and took in a beautiful human beach, the ocean sparkling. Leaning against Keefe for support, she pinched herself.

"Whoa, Foster, this is totally real." He reassured her. "We're in the Forbidden Cities."

Alarmed, she felt her throat and—yep, there was her registry pendant. "We could get in trouble!"

"Chill," Keefe waved the air in between them. "I got the Black Swan to hack into the program. Somehow, a simple promise not to prank a Forkle will get you a date."

"Okay." Sophie was sure she was blushing, hard.

Her boyfriend tugged off his shirt, exposing his well-muscled, tan chest. "We gonna go in or no?"

"Going in," she replied, not taking her eyes off him. How could someone be so hot? She doubted even Fitz looked this great in black swimming trunks.

The trademark smirk exploded on his face. "Who's checking out the Keefster?"

"Stop it," Sophie said, swatting at him with her hand. Peeling her eyes away from him, she pulled off her dress, feeling super self-conscious in her teal bikini. When she looked up, she found Keefe staring at her.

"Whoa," he said. "I thought you would look good in a bikini, but you look way better than I thought." His cheeks flushed, and his eyes went to her hands. "Last one there is a rotten egg," he called, hurtling towards the waves.

"Hey!" Sophie protested, using a brain push to catch up with him. "Wait up!"

"No can do, Foster," Keefe said teasingly, jumping into the water first.

She wasn't far behind him, jumping.

Surprisingly, Keefe caught her in his arms before she could hit the water. "Where you going, Foster?"

"Let me down!" She squeaked, her face heating rapidly. She squirmed.

"If you say so." Her date took her down so fast she hardly had time to breathe before she was underwater, dunked. Submerging gave her chills, and she shuddered against his chest.

The gravity change allowed her to float free, but her boyfriend only pulled her closer to his chest. Breath catching, Sophie held his gaze, wide-eyed. Was he going to kiss her? He reached up and tucked a curl behind her ear. Realizing her lungs were burning, she kicked towards the surface. Emerging beside her, he gave her a small smile, one that was seemingly confused. Sophie eyed Keefe before pouncing—literally. "You!"

"Me," he agreed, letting out a laugh. Using some maneuver, he swung her around so that she was clinging to him, looking up at his smiling face.

He was so close that she could feel his breath, hot on her neck. Just as his lips were about to brush hers, a wave sent him stumbling forward, tripping and almost dropping her.

"Whoa!" Keefe said, swiftly putting her down on her feet. "That was some wave." He tugged his hand through his messed up hair, somehow making him look cuter than ever, and her heart fluttered.

She only smiled up at him wading out deeper into the water. "I'm gonna go deeper than you," she teased.

"In the water, or in our relationship?" He flirted back, taking after her.

Sophie didn't think before she spoke. "Maybe both," she blurted, feeling her cheeks grow hot. Covering up her embarrassment although he could feel it anyway, she went deeper, only her toe tips touching the sand.

"You're so cute, you know that?" Keefe was up to his chin.

The comment only made her blush deepen, and she watched as he waded deeper in than her. Not wanting to be outdone, she paddled after him, silently cursing herself for not taking that swimming class Amy had taken back when she was little. Now she couldn't touch, and she glanced up at her boyfriend.

Keefe was watching her, amusement curling his lips. Sophie was soon exhausted, and he knew it. When she stopped treading, she went behind him and jumped on his shoulders, refusing to keep making an effort to stay afloat. "Aww, Foster, you didn't have to do that," he said, more complaining than anything else.

She covered his eyes, giggling as he attempted to pry her hands from his skin. Waves lapped hungrily at Sophie, and she watched with satisfaction as they didn't even get close to her.

...

As they went ashore, she realized just how late it was. The sun was practically above their heads and she hadn't even eaten lunch. Fortunately, Keefe had somehow produced a picnic blanket with a basket containing all of her favorites. She watched in wonder as he unpacked everything, not even bothering to put a shirt back on. Instead, he wrapped a towel around her shoulders, then nabbed one from his bag for himself. He was just so sweet. Sophie sighed dreamily, thinking of what he'd said. 'I just want to ensure the future of Keefoster.' She smiled. She definitely wanted him in her future, 100%. Her first date was a hit.

The whole time she was eating, Keefe flirted with her, telling cheesy jokes the entire time. She was kept on her toes by this, and she couldn't help but laugh and flirt back, finding she was actually enjoying this. Soon she found herself leaning into his strong form, looking up into his eyes again.

"You know, Sophie, I think I've fallen in love," he joked.

She sucked in her breath. He never called her Sophie. A strong sense of dread ran through her at his words, and her head started to spin.

"Relax, Foster," Keefe traced his palm down her cheek. Everywhere he touched tingled. Time seemed to speed up all around her. Nudging her, he chuckled. "I'm talking about you, but that face expression was totally priceless." He leaned in, kissing her cheek. "I love you, Foster."

Everything started spinning, and Sophie stared at him in wonder. This was her first kiss! Well, from someone that wasn't in her family. But was it really her first kiss if it was on the cheek? Didn't that have to be on her lips? Was she a good kisser? Keefe sure was, but he had most likely had practice. He had definitely been asked out before—he was gorgeous. Had he asked out anyone? Her face went tomato red, and the details of the scenery around her sharpened.