1~ Damadji visits Sasurji

For those who don't know Damad is son-in-law and Sasur is father-in-law

************************************************

Randhir felt Sanyukta fidget beside him at the back of the cab. He turned his head and looked at her. Sanyukta fiddled with her phone all the while restlessly staring out of the car window. She kept nervously biting her nails. He noticed sweat beads on her forehead and her trembling lips. Slowly, Randhir held her hand and she stopped moving. He felt her palms were clammy and knew she is nervous.

''Why are you nervous? Everything will be okay.'' He assured her. Sanyukta shook her head, her expressions tensed.

When she spoke, her voice wavered. "How will Papa react?" She plucked her nail cuticle with the other.

"Relax. We are in this together." Randhir wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer. Sanyukta nodded looking down, her gaze fixed on her scrapped pink nail polish.

After a while, she asked. "Aren't you nervous?" She looked at him closely.

Randhir cleared his throat shifting little in his seat. He looked at her and shook his head.

Truth be told he is hell nervous but he kept his emotions in check. He must be confident for Sanyukta.

She admired his confidence and felt lighter. She tightened her grip on his palm and shifted closer resting her head on his shoulder.

Randhir exhaled deeply and looked out of the window.

The cab came to a halt outside Sanyukta's residence in Mumbai. Sanyukta got down first. A minute later, Randhir climbs down. He looked at the mansion and swallowed the tight lump in his throat, wiping his sweaty palms on the back of his jeans and taking small steps, he followed Sanyukta.

The closer they got the more Randhir palpitated and wished he could turn invisible.

Randhir recollected the time when he had gate crashed Sanyukta's engagement and pushed her father and then gotten beaten up. Next day, when he had come to apologize and again got into an ugly fight with him.

Then his moments with his father-in-law at the factory, then during Vidhushi and Ankit's engagement.

Reminiscing every bitter memory Randhir felt like time traveling and punching himself senselessly.

"Randhir, walk fast na." Sanyukta held his hand and led him towards the house.

Randhir sighed helplessly and quickened his pace.

As they stood in front of the main door, Randhir was sweating like a pig.

Sanyukta noted his discomfort and wrapped her arm loosely around his, "Don't worry."

"I am not worried." Randhir lied not meeting her gaze. Sanyukta suppressed her smile, she was about to console him just then the door opened.

Mr. Agarwal stood at the door. He is dressed in his usual high collar Orange Kurtha and white pajama.

Sanyukta quickly lets go of Randhir's hand and stood in attention. Randhir gulped.

Kishore smiled welcoming his daughter and then his gaze traveled from Sanyukta to Randhir who stood; shaking slightly, besides her.

Kishore's smile faded slowly and his eyes turned dark. Sanyukta glanced nervously from her father to Randhir.

"Pa-pa." Sanyukta began uncertainly.

Her father didn't look away from Randhir, his eyes narrowed at him. Randhir looked everywhere but at his father-in-law.

Sanyukta noted her father's clenched jaw and looked worriedly at Randhir.

Slowly, Randhir looked at him and felt his heart stop staring into Kishore's blazing eyes.

Shit, he is going to slap me- Randhir mentally thought.

"Papa." Sanyukta spoke meekly. Kishore stood, still glaring at Randhir.

With her heart in her mouth, Sanyukta moved her hand and clasped Randhir's palm tightly. Kishore's eyes shifted from Randhir to their joined hands.

******************************************************************

Hi guys

So, How was the Chapter, guys? Excited?

What you think will happen next? How will Kishore react?

Drop in your thoughts :*

Thanks so much for reading and before you go please don't forget to vote and comment *_*

Guys, I am little busy with other stories and so will not be able to update it frequently like other stories so the updates will be only on Tuesdays :)