10~ Sandhir Moments

For the rest of the day, Kishore kept eyeing Randhir while he kept pretending like he is okay. But his feet hurt and he is limping most of them, when Kishore isn't around. Seeing him in so much pain was hurting Sanyukta. And she vented out all her frustration on Vidhushi on many occasions. Vidhushi remained clueless till the night.

'Move, I need the Kitchen.' Sanyukta nudged Vidhushi speaking to her in a stern tone. Vidhushi placed her palm on her hip and demanded to know what was bugging Sanyukta since afternoon.

'Nothing.' Sanyukta replied with a straight face.

Vidhushi rolled her eyes and sighed. She muttered something and walked out of the kitchen. Sanyukta is relieved that she left.

Sanyukta opened the top drawer and took out a bottle of Mustard Oil. She heated it on the stove and transferred the contents into a small steel bowl.

'Ouch!' It is hot. Carefully, with a help of a kitchen towel, she placed the bowl on a small plate and smiled looking at it.

****************************************************

Carrying the oil, she walked towards Randhir's room. But as she was about to enter his room she froze on hearing her father's voice.

Shit! Sanyukta is frustrated as the whole day was utter crap for her.

She turned around and forced a smile at her father. Kishore stood at a distance with his hands folded at the back. He continued to look at his daughter with a straight face.

'Papa, woh-actually-Randhir-woh-he-has pain-toh I thought-that...' Sanyukta stammered pointing towards Randhir door. She stopped speaking when her father raised his palm. Sanyukta gulped.

'I had been noticing something was wrong. Okay, apply the oil properly.' He said. Sanyukta is relieved. She wanted to hug her father and thank him but by then he had left.

She smiled widely- at least something good happened.

Randhir sat on the bed getting bored AF. He kept touching his feet and wincing. He cursed and lean against the bedpost.

He is startled when someone opened the door. Opening his eyes, he turned his head and smiled as Sanyukta entered the room. He looked curiously at the bowl she held.

'I got this oil for your feet.' She said sitting at his feet.

Randhir nodded. 'Keep here, I will apply it in a while.' He said.

'No, I am going to do it for you.' Sanyukta said and Randhir looked at her surprised.

'But what if your Hitler Dad comes?' Randhir pointed out. Sanyukta chuckled and shocked him by telling that he knows.

'Still, I can't let you touch my feet. It's awkward.' He said seriously.

'No, it isn't.' Sanyukta argued. She leaned forward, her fingertips inches away from his feet.

'Sanyukta, Please, don't' Randhir held her hand

'I want to, Randhir.' Sanyukta whispered and smiled at him. Randhir relaxed. She held his shoulder and made him rest against the bedpost. He smiled gratefully at her. With their gaze locked they admired each other lovingly.

Sanyukta is the one to break the eye contact as she looked at the bowl. Randhir tilted his head little and continued to admire her. Sanyukta dipped her fingers into the hot oil, rubbed it on her palms and touched his feet.

Randhir winced and Sanyukta winced too. She looked at him concerned.

'Did I hurt you?' She asked. Randhir simply smiled shaking his head. Sanyukta smiled back.