3~ Dinner with Sasurji

Later that night,

Sanyukta was asked by her father to assist her Bhabhi for dinner, reluctantly she had agreed. Making a sad face Sanyukta worked in the kitchen. Vidhushi got irked by her depressing face and asked her to stand in a corner and let her work.

"No, I am fine." Sanyukta said in a small voice and then busied herself in making food.

Randhir, on the other hand, had to sit with Kishore and watch the depressing news and chaotic debate shows. But he dared not ask his Sasurji to change the channel or even reduce the volume.

Sometime later, Ankit, Kishore's eldest son and Sanyukta's brother, Ankit arrived. He was calm but when he found Randhir in the living room, then there was an outburst.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS MAN DOING HERE." He roared. Vidhushi and Sanyukta left their work as it is and hurried out of the kitchen. Their faces, apron, and clothes powdered with dry dough.

They entered the living room and looked around fearfully.

Ankit stood in the center of the room, neither Kishore nor Randhir bothered to stand up. Sanyukta glanced wide-eyed from her brother to Randhir. He is sitting so casually- Sanyukta's heart raced with anxiety.

Kishore straightened in his seat and after adjusting his kurtha he looked at his son; sternly, - "Ankit."

"But papa, what is he-", - Ankit stopped abruptly when his father stuck out his palm at him. Sanyukta gulped and she looked at Randhir silently praying that he looked at her. But he didn't.

Kishore stood up and so did Randhir; Sanyukta let out the breath she had been holding.

"Son,"- Kishore placed his palm on Ankit's shoulder, - "For a week Randhir will be staying with us." He announced.

Ankit looked at his father flabbergasted, Vidhushi rolled her eyes and Sanyukta smiled clasping her palms together, - "Yes!" She muttered.

Randhir smirked at Ankit who threw a dirty look at him and walked out of the room. Vidhushi sighed and followed her husband. Then they heard Ankit slam the door to his room hard. Sanyukta looked back and then at Randhir, they passed a smile at each other. Kishore watched them and cleared his throat to get their attention. Sanyukta and Randhir quickly looked away.

"Sanyukta?"

"Ji." Sanyukta looked up from the ground.

"Is Dinner ready?"

"Ji, Papa." Sanyukta nodded her head

"Then go and plate dinner."

"Ji."

Sanyukta looked at Randhir, - "Now, beta." Kishore's voice dripped with fake sweetness. Sanyukta looked startled, she quickly nodded and hurried from there. Randhir looked at his father in law and his eyes met his stern ones and he quickly looked away.

Kishore hovered around Randhir like a shadow, where ever he went Kishore made sure he followed; even to the washroom. Kishore stood out as Randhir used the Loo.

"This is too much." Randhir said bitterly.

***********************************************************

At the Dining table,

Sanyukta served Gobi Mater (Cauliflower and Peas) while Vidhushi served the Parathas. After serving everyone, Sanyukta went to Randhir's side in the last. They looked at each other. With their gaze locked and a dreamy smile plastered on their faces, Sanyukta continued to serve him the curry.

Ankit looked up and annoyed he nudged his father's arm. Kishore paused just as he was about to feed himself the food. Kishore eyed the lovebirds and then his gaze fell on Randhir's plate; his plate overflowing with curry.

"Beta, Thoda kam kaho gas ho jayega." Kishore said casually.

(Son, eat less or you will get gas problem)

Sanyukta and Randhir jumped part, while Sanyukta looked away embarrassed Randhir simply nodded his head. Vidhushi scrunched her nose while Ankit suppressed his chuckle.

Sanyukta pulled the chair next to Randhir and was about to sit when Kishore interrupted, - "Beta, come sit beside me. It has been so long." He said and smiled at his daughter. Sanyukta forced a smile and pushed the chair back.

Hitler Buddha- Randhir thought bitterly.

Ankit was appalled when he was asked to shift, he began his tantrum of not eating. No one paid heed so he quietly shifted. Randhir is angry because Sanyukta isn't sitting beside him but he is happy at least she is opposite him even though the Buddha is in between them.

As they ate food Randhir kept glancing at Sanyukta, she wasn't eating much but simply staring at her food with a bored expression. Randhir glanced at his Sasurji from the corner of his eyes and then at Ankit, everyone busy. Randhir mentally smiled as he; very cautiously, removed his one shoe and moved his leg.

Kishore sensed Randhir moving and eyed him, he got suspicious and so he moved his leg forward.

Randhir mentally smirked as he placed his feet on Sanyukta's leg. He wondered why Kishore choked on his food.

Why do I care about that Buddha? - Randhir mentally shrugged. He then smirked at Sanyukta who was still playing with her food.

Randhir frowned, he wondered why she isn't responding. He smiled and sensually caressed her leg.

'Beta, when you are eating focus on your food or else you might eat a fly. Nowadays they are in plenty.' Kishore said not looking at anyone.

Everyone looked surprised while Randhir was wide-eyed. He retracted his feet quickly; his cheeks flushed and his ears burned.

Damn!

Kishore looked at him but Randhir intentionally avoided his gaze. That moment, he wished the earth would swallow him up; with Sanyukta of course.

****************************************************

Oh Ho! Sasurji *face palm* and Randhir bechara *chuckles*

How was the Chapter, guys? Enjoyed? then please don't forget to vote and comment :*

Thanks so much for reading *muah*