6~ Sasurji- Kheer?

Surprise, guys!!! Here is an early update :* Enjoy... Please don't forget to lend me your support and shower your love by voting and commenting *puppy dog eyes*

*******************************************************************

After breakfast, the next thing Randhir did is downloading YouTube videos on how to make Kheer. It looked simple and easy when people on screen did it. Randhir watched two to three videos and got confident.

'It's easy.' He told himself.

Randhir entered the kitchen, fully determined to make an awesome Kheer. Kishore will be speechless tasting the sweet dish- Randhir is confident.

He wore an apron around his waist and took out a handful of rice. He soaked them in water and then placed a small utensil on the stove.

Carefully, he lit the burner and poured some milk into it. He smiled happily.

Sanyukta sneaked from her room. Vidhushi is dancing senselessly to a peppy English number, Ankit gone out with friends and Kishore reading newspaper on the swing in the backyard.

Sanyukta tiptoed into the kitchen. She is worried Randhir might need her help again.

'Randhir.' She called cautiously. She looked behind her to see if someone is coming – no one.

There is no response from Randhir, his back to her. She noted his arm moving. Sanyukta glanced back again and then tiptoed inside.

She stood beside him and is surprised finding him stirring the boiling milk. Randhir smiled at her. Sanyukta gaped at him and then at the utensil.

'Wow, Patidev. I am impressed.' Sanyukta said sitting on the kitchen slab. Randhir nodded raising an imaginary collar with one hand.

'Wait till you taste this.' He replied confidently.

'Have you added sugar or salt.' Sanyukta giggled teasing him. Randhir paused for a second, his eyes wide. He recollected and then looked at Sanyukta, - 'Hahaha, very funny.'

Sanyukta smiled at him.

************************************************************

Randhir felt nervous as Sanyukta pushed him towards the garden. He swallowed a light lump in his throat and walked into the garden. Kishore sat on the swing reading his newspaper. As Randhir walked towards him he flipped a page. Randhir stood awkwardly for a while. Kishore felt his presence but doesn't respond.

Randhir cleared his throat and Kishore turned his head looking up at him. His gaze traveled from Randhir's weird smile to the tray he held. There is a small white and blue printed porcelain small bowl with a spoon sticking out on the tray. He raised his eyebrow and looked sternly at Randhir.

Abey, yaar what is his problem- Randhir mentally thought but outwardly kept a smile plastered on his face.

Sanyukta hid behind a pillar and watched everything from a safe distance.

Sanyukta clasped her palms tightly and looked up at the sky and made silent prayers- Bhagwanji, please let Papa like the Kheer

She then began biting her fingernails out of nervousness watching Randhir and her father.

Randhir forwarded the tray and Kishore took the bowl. He eyed the kheer and played with it little. Randhir felt sweaty again. He wiped his trembling and clammy palms on his jeans and swallowed hard.