What If Chapter 6

Ch. 6 

The boys come rushing out of the stage doors. Jumping on each other, patting each other’s backs. I stand up from the couch I was sitting on, and go to greet them. Before I could say anything, Niall comes over to me and hugs me. Should I ask if he has a girlfriend? No. Not yet, anyways. 

“Great Job you guys! You were amazing!”

“Thanks babe!” Zayn and Liam say. 

“Wow, I’m pumped up now!” Louis exclaims. 

“Do you have to go home now? Or do you wanna go out for a bit with us?”

“No, aha,” I laugh, “You can go out, but I think I’ll stay here.”

“Me too,” Niall tells Harry as I feel him look down at me. 

“You sure?”

“Yeah, we’ll be fine. Don’t worry!”

Zayn looks at Niall and sticks his tongue out at him. Before you knew it, they’re out the door, and it’s just me and Niall. Alone. 

“Look,” he turns his head around to face me, “I need to tell you something.”

He picks you up and sits you on the counter next to you so your now at his eye level. 

“But in order to tell you, I have to see you,” he teases. 

You laugh. “Hey, I’m not that much shorter than you. You leprechaun.” 

You can’t hold it back any longer. You take a deep breath. 

“Do you-” you were cut off by him. 

“What I said on that stage, I don’t have a princess, but I know who she is.”

“Did you just read my mind or something?” you ask.

He flashes you a smile and continues, “She is kind of tiny, wearing red shorts and a black shirt. She’s crazy, loving, so sweet, caring, and beautiful. Her name’s Olivia.”

Your cheeks are the color of your red shorts, butterflies fill your stomach instantly. I’m shocked. 

“Good!” You manage to spit out of your mouth. “Cause I’ve been in love with the beautiful soul, funniest, sweetest, comforting, caring, most perfect boy in the world.”

“I knew it... you wouldn’t be in love with a guy like me.”

“NO, STUPID! I’ve been in love with you for the past two years. Your smile got me through, God knows how much horrible times. Your laugh made me laugh on the days I didn’t want to smile. I felt like you and the rest of the boys were there for me when no one else was.” You lower your voice to a whisper.  You came up to me while I was crying on the freaking road, and, you had no idea who I was. You, I swear to God, are the perfect person.”

All of a sudden, he throws his arms around me and has me in a huge hug. I start to laugh, and so does he. 

“This is the perfect day,” he tells me as he picks me up and swings me around. 

He puts me down soon and he tilts my chin up with his warm fingers. 

“So, Olivia, would you like to be my princess, my one and only? Forever and Always?”

“I promise, Niall, I love you more than anything else in the world, and you have no idea how much you mean to me.” I pause and whisper, “Of Course.”

You both smile as he takes your hand and asks you if you would like to go for a small walk before they get back. I nod and you both walk out the door in ridiculous disguises (so the fans and paparazzi wouldn’t recognize you), facing the world, together, for the first time. It’s a dream come true.

Niall POV

 “THAT WAS AWESOME!” The boys shout. I’m psyched. That was a great concert. I jump on Liam’s back and he gives me a piggy-back ride. I hop off of him as soon as I see Olivia backstage. She gets up from the couch, and begins to walk towards us. Before I knew it, my legs carried me over to her and I threw my arms around her. Niall, why did you just do that, I ask myself. Hey, at least she starts to hug me back. Maybe that’s a good sign. I look down at her to make sure she doesn’t suspect anything. She still doesn’t seem to. Maybe she thought it was a kind of... friendship hug? She looked back at me and congratulated us on a great show. In a matter of minutes, Harry asked if we would like to go out clubbing with them. I’m pretty sure he forgot that she was only 14. She thanked him and then told him that she’d stay behind. So, she wouldn’t be alone, I said I’ll stay here, too. “Have fun though guys!” She told them as they walked out the door. I look at her as she walks over near the counter, I could tell she wanted to ask me something. Maybe if I had a girlfriend, hah, probably not. Go for it. Harry’s words lingered inside my head. Ahh.. what the hell...I’m in love with her. I’m not going to let her just slip out of my fingers. 

Look,” I tell her, “I need to tell you something.”

Since she’s quite tiny, I pick her up and sit her on the counter. Wow, her eyes are beautiful.  “But, in order to tell you, I need to see you..” 

She laughs at me. “Hey, I’m not that much shorter than you. You leprechaun.” 

She took a deep breath and asked “Do you-?

I cut her off and said, “What I said on that stage, I don’t have a princess, but I know who she is.”

“Did you just read my mind or something?” She gives me a half smile. Just Do it Niall

“She is kind of tiny, wearing red shorts and a black shirt. She’s crazy, loving, so sweet, caring, and beautiful. Her name’s Olivia.”

She seemed speechless. I messed it up, didn’t I? Too soon. Wow. 

All of a sudden, she shouted “Good! Cause I’ve been in love with the beautiful soul, funniest, sweetest, comforting, caring, most perfect boy in the world.”

Not me.. 

“I knew it... you wouldn’t be in love with a guy like me.” My smile softly fades into a frown. 

“NO, STUPID! I’ve been in love with you for the past two years. Your smile got me through, God knows how much horrible times. Your laugh made me laugh on the days I didn’t want to smile. I felt like you and the rest of the boys were there for me when no one else was.” You lower your voice to a whisper.  You came up to me while I was crying on the freaking road, and, you had no idea who I was. You, I swear to God, are the perfect person.”

I pull her into a huge bear hug. OH MY GOD! I’m probably the happiest person alive right now. I should listen to Harold more often. 

“This is the perfect day,” I whisper to her. I start to pick her up off of the counter and swing her around as she laughed. I put her down and asked her, “So, Olivia, would you like to be my princess, my one and only? Forever and Always?”

“I promise, Niall, I love you more than anything else in the world, and you have no idea how much you mean to me.” She pauses and lowers her voice down to a whisper.  “Of Course.”

She holds out her hand and I take it. 

“So, Princess Olivia,” I smile, “Would you like to take a small walk down the road with me? But we’ll need to get in disguise. So you know, we’re not mobbed by paparazzi and fans?”

“Sure, my prince,” she says. 

So, we go get changed in baggy hoodies and sweatpants, wigs and I wear a mustache. After checking with Paul, we kick the door open, hand in hand, and start our walk.