What If Chapter 17

Ch.17

There’s about 17 suitcases in my room the next morning. The boys going on the road again. At least I have his number now, so I could talk to him when I needed him, someone i could trust, a best friend. 

“Don’t worry babe, we’ll be here for you surgery. With a box of your favorite chocolates, flowers, and a teddy. But, here,” Niall hands me a black leather bracelet with a shamrock charm on it. “For you. If you never miss me, this is a reminder to know that I’ll always be here.”

“Thank you,” I tell him and reach up to hug him. 

“I’ll miss you. Be careful, remember I’ll take care of you!” he assures me. 

I then go back down the line that Harry, Liam, Louis, and Zayn had arranged themselves into and give them all hugs. I absolutely hate to see them go, to not know where they’re gonna go next, what they’re gonna do, if they’ll be safe.. It shatters my heart like glass. But, from the first day I discovered them on youtube, I knew they were something special. They were the most down-to-earth people I’ve ever met. They were just like my friends. And then, I knew I would never stop loving them. The fandom’s one of the best. We’re close, like a family, and I’ll never leave it. 

I watch them leave as the sun shows up behind the gray sky. Just as I’m about to close the door, Niall puts his hand up against it, and comes back into my house. 

“‘I don’t wanna leave..,” he kisses my forehead. 

I look down at the woven bracelet on my wrist. Its different shades of blue and it says “Love You”on it. 

“Niall?!” Paul asks.

“Coming he replies. He grabs my hand and slowly unravels his hand from mine. 

He squeezes my hand and lets go shortly after looking into my eyes. He runs to his ride and waves from the window. Stay Safe. 

Niall’s POV

We’re leaving today, and I really didn’t want to leave Olivia. She’s going through a hard time, plus, these past two days, were absolute Heaven with her. I had bought a bracelet for her, well actually, when I went back to Ireland I bought it. I told myself if I ever saw her again, I’d give it to her. So here we were, I was about to go off for a couple of weeks again. I would go back to having no idea what she was doing, if she’s safe, where she’ll be, what is happening in her life. 

“Don’t worry babe, we’ll be here for you surgery. With a box of your favorite chocolates, flowers, and a teddy. But, here,” I tell her as I open my hand to reveal the bracelet I got her, the leather brushing against my sweaty palm. 

“Thank you,” she tells me as she puts her arms around my neck for a hug. 

“I’ll miss you. Be careful, remember I’ll take care of you!” I tell her, seeing a worried look in her eyes. 

“Boys, we’re running a little late,” says Paul, “we really gotta get going..” 

First Harry, Liam, Zayn, then Louis went out the door. I shot her one last look and started to walk out. Just as she was about to shut the door, I couldn’t stop myself. I slammed my hand up against it and barged back into her house to give her one last kiss on her forehead. 

Olivia looks down at her wrist, at one of the bracelets she was wearing. Yes, Paul was calling me, but I didn’t give a crap. I don’t want to go. Yes, we can still talk on the phone or skype but I needed her with me, by my side. She’s my sense of security. With her, I feel unstoppable and so happy. 

She slips the blue woven bracelet onto my wrist and says, “Wait, look, I’m here for you too. I love you.” 

I give her hand one last squeeze, and head out. I get into my designated seat marked with the leprechaun stuffed toy hanging from the roof of our ride. Paul turns on the radio. All the boys are poking each other and playing. I look at the bracelet on my wrist and twist it around. Houses soon fade into trees then, before we knew it, we were back on the road, on the highway going to our next destination. I prop my elbow up and rest my head on my palm. My eyelids become heavier and heavier, and soon, I’m sound asleep.