What If Chapter 22

Ch.22 

It’s the end of May, it’s finally almost summer. Today I have to go for my regular two week check-ups. It’s become like a routine for my family. Go home, get changed leave do homework eat sleep and do it again. I’m so happy that there was no sign of cancer in me for the past 4 months. I’m starting to feel better as well because I’m spending my Memorial Day weekend with the boys. I hate school now. I mean I always hated going but I never really minded. I love seeing my friends and spending time with them. But now, it’s hard to see who real friends are. All these girls that used to hate me act like I’m their best friend because of Niall. I looked out the window. Trees and grass flew in and out of my vision. It was beautiful out. Really warm actually. I softly sung the lyrics to Heart Skips a Beat as it played on the radio. “Well, we’re here,” my mom told me. “You ready?”

“I hope,” I muttered as I opened the hospital doors. “Ahh Olivia.” My doctor told me. “Just on time, please sit down.” He gave me a physical test and checked where my tumor used to be. “Looks good so far.” I smiled.  He ran a hand over my stomach and a worried look appeared on his face, He quickly shook it off. What was that supposed to mean? “Now, time for your blood test. Results’ll be in soon as always,” he told my mom. She nodded as I walked down the hallway. The needle soon pierced my skin. After he took the last sample, he left to go to the lab down the hall.

“I feel like something’s not right, you saw his face, too, right?” I looked up at my mom. Lately, I’ve been getting weird cramps and getting really tired. I didn’t feel 100%.

“It’ll be ok,” she assured.

I scanned the table in front of me to try to get my mind off of things. I saw magazines with headlines about me and Niall. I never found any interest in those gossip magazines but one caught my attention. HEART THROB HORAN GIVES NEW GIRLFRIEND A MESSAGE IN LIVE INTERVIEW 

I opened it up. What happened? I haven’t been on the computer lately because of all our final exams going on. PAGE 104! it read. So, I flipped through the pages and skimmed the story, knowing the doctor will come in soon. 

Olivia, if you see this, I miss you so much. I’m coming home soon, I promise. 

When the interviewer asked if she’s the one, he replied with a “Absolutely, she’s the one I’ve been living for. She’s the reason why I’m living my life. She’s so beautiful, andsI honestly don’t see why she gets insecure. She’s amazing.” Aww! I hear wedding bells. 

A smile spread up on my face quickly. I threw the magazine across the room when my doctor came in, my face reddening. “Olivia, um, based on your tests, we have some bad news.”

“Yeah?” I tried to swallow the huge knot in my throat.

“Your leukemia spread to your liver. We’re going to have to do an MRI on you as soon as possible, maybe even tomorrow. Your abdomen is extremely bloated and your blood tests showed that your liver isn’t working properly. We’ll find out your survival rate tomorrow.. I’m so sorry.” His concerned facial expression abruptly faded into an apolegetic one.

Again? Tears started to form in my eyes. I blinked them back. Not now. Maybe I should tell the boys? Nope. No No No. I won’t get him worried. I don’t know for sure yet. There could be a small possibility that I don’t have it right? And, I could have a very high survival rate. 

My mom bookedthe appointment for tomorrow at 11 A.M. I’ll miss school, which I really don’t wanna do since we have a final. A million thoughts ran through my head. But, what if my survival rate is bad...?