What If Chapter 26

Ch. 26

When I woke up the next morning, I noticed two things. The first was that Niall was gone. My head wasn’t on his chest anymore. The second thing was that the door was open and a really long, thin, white carpet ran from the end of the hallway and ended at my hospital bed. What the- Before I could finish my thought a deep, British accent shouted, “SHH! She’s up!” 

“Harry!” Louis scolded him.

Then I heard Zayn whisper, “I’m on it.”

All of a sudden, wedding music filled the hospital. Louis and a computer walked down the carpet together. As he got closer, I could see Eleanor’s laughing face on the screen. Is this a- 

“Congratulations!” she exclaimed as Louis sat down next to my cot. 

“On what?”

She held up a finger. “You’ll see.”

Next, Liam walked down the ‘aisle’, dressed in a tux and had a Toy Story tie on. He also had a computer in his hand. But instead of having a skype session with Eleanor, like Louis, he was talking to Danielle. She was also smiling. “I don’t get this,” I said to Lou. “Sh!” I laughed a little with him before turning my attention back to the door. Next up was Harry and Zayn, skipping enthusiastically towards my cot arm in arm. “Oh my God,” I giggled. 

“Now, ladies, gentleman, and Zayn,” Lou pointed at the bradford bad boy and then, eying me before saying, “The groom.” The music stopped as the sound of a guitar hummed through the room.

Niall started to walk down the aisle. His face was beaming as the biggest smile spread out across his face. He was wearing a formal black suit and tie. He wore a guitar around his body with a rainbow strap.  His hands moved up and down along the strings of the instrument playing a series of chords. Soon after, he sung “You’ve got that smile, that only Heaven could make,” in his angelic voice. I laughed. I was wondering why he spent most of the time yesterday learning this song. As he ended, he took a tiny box out of his pocket and told me to close my eyes. 

“Why?”

“Close ‘em!” 

So, I sealed my eyes shut, wondering what this was all about. 

I felt him pick up my hand and slip something onto one of my fingers. 

“Ok, open.” 

I followed his instructions and looked down at my hand. A diamond ring was placed on my ring finger. 

“Niall,” I breathed as I looked up at him. 

“Sh. Olivia, I want to be with you for the rest of our lives. I’ve known that from the second I met you. I always searched the crowds for my future princess, but no one looked like her. Then I saw you last summer. Immediately, I knew you were the one. We’ve spent about a year together now, and hearing the doctor say what he did yesterday, it made me realize how much I love you. I never want this to end. Your my life, my world, my best friend, my potato, my queen, and the list can go on and on. So, will you do me a favor? Will you promise me to stay with me as long as we live, to not break my heart? Will you do me a favor, and will you marry me?”

I was speechless. I couldn’t speak no matter how hard I tried. My feeling is, it can’t be described. 

“Yes, Niall. Hell yes!” 

I threw my arms around him, hugging him tight. He wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tighter. 

“I love you more than life,” he whispered as the boys cheered. 

“I love you more,” I told him.

We then pulled away from each other. 

“SO! You guys are unofficially married now! YAY!” Zayn cheered for us.