What If Chapter 24

Ch. 24 (Niall’s POV)

After 45 minutes of driving around under the super hot sun we finally arrived at the beach. I mean, it would’ve been so much shorter if Louis hadn’t run out of gas. But, at least it was near the ice cream shop so I was a happy boy. You know, even after what was it, I don’t know, almost one year of dating Olivia, I still feel the same way as the first time I ever saw her. I get mad butterflies in my stomach. I’ve never been so in love with someone. Yes, I’ve kissed girls before her, but it was so bad. Yes, I’ve had girlfriends, but it wasn’t serious. 

“WE”REE HEREEE!” Olivia shouted. I love how childish she could be at times and then be so mature. She always made stupid jokes and made everyone laugh. She was always bubbly and friendly. And then, we’ve had serious talks late at night, too. She’s a great listener. 

I smiled. “Olivia!”

“Louis!” she shouted back as we climbed over seats to get outside. 

“It’s tanning time,” Zayn exclaimed. 

“Surfing!” Liam shouted. 

“I just love the beach,” Harry stated. 

I laughed as I grabbed Olivia’s hand. We ran like a crazy bunch of teenagers to the beach. The soft sand brushed up against my feet. As soon as we got to the water, Lou just dove in. I set up our towel and sat down. I grabbed Olivia’s waist and pulled her down on my lap. She laughed. “You wanna go swimming? I bet I can swim faster than you.” 

“Wanna bet?” she asked, putting a hand over her stomach. A pained look appeared in her eyes.

“Wait, are you ok?”

“Oh yeah,” she lied, “I’m fine.”

“You sure, I know when your lying,” I told her. 

Instead of answering me, she ran towards the water and into the shallow end. 

“NO FAIR!” I yelled as I ran after her. She looked back at me and covered her face with her hands, laughing hysterically. I picked her up and swing her around. She wrapped her legs around me and I pecked her on her lips. When I put her down, she dove back into the water. I smiled. 

“You really love her, don’t you?” Liam put his hand on my neck. 

“Absolutely.” I gave him a little smile. 

When I looked back in the water, she was pretty far out. She motioned me to come on. So, I did. I swam as fast as I can towards her. When I came up next to her, she jumped. 

“Oh, God. That was quick.” She looked in my eyes. 

“Not too shabby, huh? Told ya’ I could beat you!” 

“Race back?” she asked.

“3,2”

And then we both took a deep breath and launched underneath the surface of the water.