6. Hangover

Nate

I woke up to the sound of groaning.

I opened my tired eyes and looked at the Nick Tesla digital clock on her bedside.

It read nine thirty.

Damn I did not get enough sleep.

"Fuck.., what happened last night? Did we even go?" Quinn asked, the sound of her voice above a whisper as she grumbled.

Quinn attempted to lift her head but telling from how she groaned, held her head and lay back down, she still had a headache from last night.

"Yeah we went, you kinda disappeared for the most part, then you busted into Kat's bedroom and threw up into a boot because you were drinking your weight in fluid ounces of Jell-O shots ," I recounted.

"it was all clear because apparently you haven't eaten today and you kept throwing up and we got you upstairs and you fell asleep. I stayed behind to make sure you didn't choke on your vomit while you were sleeping, and thus, we're here," I finished.

What a night.

"Kat's room? Why would I ever want to be caught dead let alone drunk in there?" She questioned.

"You were looking for us, I answered.

She shrugged, as though she were satisfied with my explanation and closed her eyes.

"Was it fun?" She asked.

"The party?"

"Well.., uh.., yeah, it was actually," I replied.

"You went off separately and we played a bottle game with Kat and some people at the party," I replied.

"Oh yeah I remember that, I think I met someone actually," she added.

I did a double take.

"You did?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah I did," Quinn answered, giggling a bit.

"His name's Brian, he's on track team, he says he likes smart girls better than stupid bimbos."

"Oh," I replied after a second.

Not that I didn't like her with someone, it was jut hard to imagine someone like Quinn getting giddy over a guy, especially since she's the "men aren't shit" type of girl.

Then again there are always exceptions.

"Want me to make you something to eat?" I asked.

"Yeah I would, thanks Nate," she replied, rolling out of her bed.

I got up from the chair, I stretched.

Ouch, I thought, chairs are not a comfortable place to sleep.

We walked downstairs to the kitchen as I looked around for the turkey bacon and Quinn opened the cupboard and pulled out the pancake mix.