❁eighteen❁

kookie oppa:
mianhae
Sent 18:56

kookie oppa:
this was all my fault.
Sent 18:56

kookie oppa:
if i didn't agree to that,
everything could have
been fine like it was before.
Sent 18:56

kookie oppa:
too bad it is too late now.
Sent 18:57

~~~

• author p.o.v •

a dry chuckle escaped through her lips as she stared at the article on her phone. there was nothing she could do about it.

[BREAKING] IS BTS JUNGKOOK DATING GFRIEND EUNHA?

at the previous day, dispatch found a couple at han river who resembles the maknae of the famous boy group, BTS, jungkook and eunha from Gfriend

Bighit and Source Music have not confirm the news yet.

~~~

she knew the news was true. as much as she wished it was not, it was. she even witnessed it with her own pair of eyes. she was indeed hopeless, all her hopes vanished into thin air just at the sight of the scene she witnessed the previous day. somehow, she just could not get it out of her mind.

"unnies, i'll be using the bathroom for a moment." she said and made her way out of the waiting room, towards the bathroom.

red velvet once again have another schedule which would cause them to met him and her. she wasn't even ready to meet them just yet but obviously luck just isn't by her side.

she reached the bathroom and immediately turned on the tap. she splashed water all over her face which had also made her clothing slightly wet. but she didn't care, it wasn't important.

her emotions were currently like a roller coaster ride. she could not control it either. as much as she wishes to not cry over the same man, she just couldn't resist her tears.

and of course once again, her tears rolled down. those crystal like tears rolled down her doe eyes again. she did not even bother to wipe it away or even try to stop it. the whole situation was too heartbreaking and overwhelming for her to resist.

after all, she was just a young girl at heart with a pure and weak heart.

"as much as i want to hate you, i still really love you."

~~~

just then, her phone rang. it was a phone call from the leader of her group. and that was when she realised that she may have been in the bathroom for a rather long time. she swiped to answer her phone as she made her way out of the bathroom. she was sure she would get a huge nag out of their leader.

sure their leader looks small and have been known as the quiet one in her group, but her mouth is bigger than anyone could ever imagine.

"hello. unnie im sorry for taking a really long time, i was just-" their leader cut her off in between her excuses.

"yeri don't move! stay in place right now!" irene yells through the phone, demanding yeri. her voice sounded serious and it seems like something bad may happen any time sooner.

"what do you mean? why?" yeri asked, obviously shock and curious about her leader's sudden demand. it was weird.

"an intruder had broke into the building and is somewhere near the bathroom. the intruder is active with real guns and other dangerous weapons." irene explained, clearly anxious and worried about yeri who was unfortunately somewhere near the bathroom.

"what?! the bathroom?! you are joking, aren't you?" yeri was indeed shock, it was just too sudden. an intruder is currently active with guns and is currently near her location, unbelievable.

all of the sudden, her mind went crazy. she was scared yet worried. but her mind was absolutely blank, she couldn't think of what she should do at that moment. what if the intruder found her and shot her? many 'what ifs' flowed around her tiny mind.

"im not joking. its serious yerim-yerim!" her phone slipped out of her grip when she looked forward.

it was jungkook. not only was it jungkook, he seemed busy on his phone currently. it seems like he isn't aware about the intruder thing. but what terrified her was what's behind him.

it was the intruder irene have been talking about. the intruder was wearing full on black from head to toe with his gun directly pointed on jungkook.

just one second before the intruder decides to release the bullet, yeri dropped her phone and ran towards jungkook, hugging his back tightly, trying to protect him from the shoot.

as much as she should be hating him now, it was clear that deep down she still loves and cares about him dearly. she was willing to take a gun shot for him despite all the shit he had done to her. she was still willing to.

and that's where it hit her. the bullet had hit her and went into her body. immediately, she dropped onto the ground while blood was choked out of her mouth. blood flowed out of the injured area rapidly, causing a puddle of blood to form instantly.

"yerim!" jungkook yelled. he panicked. the sight of yeri laying in her own puddle of blood terrified him. it wasn't a pleasant sight to see. he knee down, picking up her and laying her lifeless body in between his arms and his hands tightly holding hers. tears flowed down in instant. there was no way he wouldn't cry at this painful sight, maybe the most painful sight he have ever witness. the person he had been lying to, treating horribly to, had taken a shot for him despite all that. especially when all along, she was the person he loved and was trying to protect.

she had taken the risk of dying, just for him.

just then, another bang was heard. police officers had no other choice but shoot the psycho man who had shot his girl. "hey police! call the damn ambulance already! she got shot! quickly!" he screamed impatiently as his grip around her hands tighten.

"just hang in there for a while. you can do it. you can't leave me yet." jungkook whispered to yeri. his tears couldn't stop flowing, it felt like the world was ending. never he could imagine his life to continue without her. it wasn't possible.

her eyes were drooping slowly and her body was weak and also in lots of pain espically the area which got shot. "i-i don't think i-i can ma-make it." yeri stuttered, trying her hardest to speak. her eyes soon became watery.

"no! you can make it! you are strong!" jungkook shook his head, staring into her eyes with faith. at that moment, she wanted to stay strong for him, but she felt as if she wasn't able to anymore, she felt weak. extremely weak.

"r-r-remember that i-i love you n-no matter w-w-what." those words were the last few words before her eyes had fluttered closed with a single tear drop rolling out of her eyes and her hands slowly slipping out of his grip.

~A/N~
this was kinda unexpected am i right? well, do you think yeri actually ended up dying or not in the end? what does it mean that jungkook was trying to protect yeri all along? hmm there is still lots of questions unanswered, but don't you worry guys!! the next chapter will be published someday over the weekends which will reveal everything. I MEAN EVERYTHING. and this book is actually ending pretty soon:((
in addition, ive finished all my exams of the year so as i said, i would be really active and be updating lots and publishing new books for the time being!! those who loves my books, hopefully at least there are people who likes my books, will be blessed with many updates. ❤❤