❁ten❁

yerimmie:
happy birthday to me!❤
Sent 16:36(!)

yerimmie:
aren't you coming to celebrate
it with me? you promised me
that you would every year.
Sent 16:36(!)

~~~

• yeri p.o.v •

"happy birthday to you! happy birthday to you! happy birthday to uri dear maknae! happy birthday to you!" loud voices singing the birthday song, rang through my ears.

My eyes squirted at the light shining down on me, my morning eyes were still not used to the light enveloping the sight of darkness in my eyes before.

I could briefly see the bodies of my four members standing in front of my bed. They were all still in their pyjamas but only with colorful party hats on to suit the party theme. Of course, I could see the cake frosted with rainbow colour icings and a small squirtle figurine on the surface held by sooyoung unnie. While the other members had balloons and presents held in their hands.

"make a wish birthday girl!" seungwan unnie exclaimed as the others clapped.

Normally, I would wish for red velvet to be successful and my health to be good. But this time, it was different.

"I wish that I could get over him, jeon jungkook. I don't want to feel pain again."

After that, I lightly blow out some exhaled air to extinguish the fire on the candles. But it took me another attempt to blow all of it out.

All the members immediately prepared the cake and cut it into small slices, showing off the rainbow nidely arranged in order, from red to the last colour, purple.

I took a bite, the sweetness from the sugar melted onto my tongue. The cake was so soft that it was covered with my digested juices in no time.

Soon, they gave me their presents, which were wrapped up in different pestal coloured wrapping paper. With a finishing touch, it had a small silver holographic ribbion stucked on top of the surface.

"thank you!" I smiled to them genuinely, grateful for the surprise and presents I received.

But there is just this odd feeling in my heart. Something was just missing.

~~~

The mini party ended a little earlier than I desired. But it was fun although the time given was short.

"ting!" my phone rang out of nowhere.

I looked at my notification, only to have a questionable expression formed on my face.

"who is this unknown number." I mumbled.

"+082-010-2781-9777 sent you a voice message."

Out of curiosity, I tapped on the message and played it. "yeri-ah, happy birthday! Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Since I could not give you a present in person, I prepared this song for you."

The voice was edited, it wasn't the real voice of the person, he or she's voice, was edited into a husky and deep voice.

©® youtube; ashleygold25

"I wish that I could give you what you deserve."

"cause nothing can ever, ever replace you, nothing can make me feel like you do."

"there is nothing like us, nothing like you and me."

"lost and confusing, like an illusion. You know I'm used to making your day."

These lyrics hit me deep down. I wished that these were the words you wanted to tell me right now. I wished that you could come back to me once again.

Throughout this song, I found lyrics that I wished I could tell you in person right now. But I'm too scared, too scared to be made fun of and to face you again. I don't want you to leave me just yet, even if you are breaking me inside out.

"I gave you everything babe. Everything I had to give. Girl, why would you push me away?"

"but that it is past now. We didn't last now, guess that this is meant to be."

"tell me was it worth it? We were so perfect."

I want to tell you these words but these words are too difficult to come out of my mouth. I signed, "it's my birthday yet I'm crying again. Isn't today suppose to be a day filled with happiness? Why do I feel sorrowness instead?"

I really wished the person whom sent this recording was you. But obviously, it wasn't, you blocked me, how do you sent me a message then? There is one side of me that is still hopeful, but I'm sure that would never happen, I shall not have too much hopes, what if it wasn't you? I would have just broken my own heart once again.

~A/N~
hey yallzzz!😍💕Just officially started my damn ass holidays. If there are mistakes in this chap, plz dun blame me. I'm so sleepy when I was typing this chap.😖😪 anyways, I'm planning to update again tmr, but that's not a promise, cuz it may not happen.💦