❁twenty❁

kookie oppa:
thank you.
Sent 15:09

kookie oppa:
thank you so much.
Sent 15:09

kookie oppa:
really.
Sent 15:09

~~~

author p.o.v • 

"yerim's asleep. you can go in to visit her now." seulgi said to jungkook who has been sitting outside the entire time  when she and her members came out of yerim's ward. he was still ashamed, too ashamed to face her. in addition, she may overreact if she saw him, which may lead to panic attacks. so he decided to visit her personally after she had fallen asleep. 

"wait, seulgi noona. i need to talk to you." he said softly, with his head hung low. "sure, you guys go first alright? i'll be there soon." she told the other members who could only nod at her words and left those two alone. 

many may not know but these two were close. they were like siblings, never more than that. and maybe, that was one reason how jungkook could get close to yerim, obviously with the help of seulgi. likewise, jungkook helped seulgi to get close with his fellow member, jimin. 

"sorry noona. i should have listen to you, then maybe, none of these would happen." he apologized, already with tears welled on his eyes. "don't be sorry. it as not exactly your fault. even if this did not happen, the intruder would still be there. she would  still take the shot for you." she explains, patting the boy's shoulders.

"then, at least i should have listen to your words back then. back then when you warned me not to regret my decision. but in the end, i regretted every single bit about my decision." he confessed when those words she had told him flashes on his mind again.

~~~

• flashback •

"seulgi noona, i really need you to help me." he said when seulgi had arrived to the place they had decided to meet up. it was a little restaurant that sells many different japanese ramen. 

"what is it," she asked, also very curious about his request since jungkook rarely asks for help. he told her about the company's plan which made seulgi fumed a little, she was indeed completely against it. 

"are you crazy? why would you agree to that? what about yerim?what about her? you know it very well that she would eventually find out and that will hurt her a lot." she stated. but being the idiotic person he is, he did not think much of the consequences. 

"i'm doing for the better. if i reveal that yerim and i are dating instead, hates would be thrown at us, especially to her and you know how fragile she is? i really don't want hate to be thrown on her considering the fact that she has been hated ever since she entered the industry. this will just worsen her image." he said. that time, he was very sure he made the correct choice, but he was actually horribly wrong instead.

seulgi knew jungkook. he isn't someone who would change his mind, he was someone who would stick to his decisions without knowing he was wrong. honestly, he was quite a stubborn boy. 

he was also a fearful boy. he may look fearless but he was the way opposite. he was afraid of others point of views. he was also too afraid to speak up. all he knew was to listen to others orders. he was like a lion who was afraid of the wild, the stubborn lion who did not know it was stronger than it thought it was. 

"so how do you want me to help you?" she asks as she gulped down a glass of soju in one shot. "help me keep an eye on her, help me make sure she eats well, sleeps well. update me about her through text. help me do some of my duties when i could not." he pleaded her.

she could only nod. she got ready to leave, but before she actually did, she faced him, patted his shoulders and warned,"don't regret your decisions."

•  flashback ends •

in the end, he regretted his decisions. all of them. even with knowing about how much it had affected her, how much it had hurt her, which always made his heart ache. even with knowing he was also hurting too, he did not have the courage to stop  anything or to even do anything.

this had just caused both of them to hurt even more.

he opens the door to her ward, immediately spotting her body laying peacefully on the mattress. he approaches her slowly, the closer he went, the pain in his heart ache even more. he sat down beside her, strokes her cold and pale face then his hand slowly makes its way to hers, intertwining with hers and bringing it to his lips, kissing the back of her palm softly multiple times. 

"yerim-ah. i came. i-i just messed up, really bad. i should not have listen to the company, i should have man up and defend for our love. yes, it was a misunderstanding, i still love you very much, just as much as before, or even more. my feelings did not change at all. i wanted to protect you from the hates you would be receiving if we were to reveal our relationship to the public, but instead, i hurt you. i even hurt my own self too. i fooled myself too. maybe this shows how much i don't deserve you, how much of an idiot i am, how i'm not brave enough to stand up for us. would you still want to be mine even after all these unforgivable things i did to you?" his voice cracked throughout the speech, his tears came rolling down too. he shut his eyes tight as he sobs hard. he could not forgive himself.

suddenly, he could feel a hand on his cheeks, wiping his fallen tears away. he fluttered his eyes opened, to see yerim sitting upright on her mattress, staring at him, still with those loving eyes.

"yerim..." he calls out her name, the name of the person he loved so much. she places her finger on his lips, shushing him. "i would still want to be yours, you were the only one i wanted. i'm still willing to forgive you." she mutters to him, with a weak smile plastered on her face.

"but, what about those things i did that hurt you so deeply? why are you still willing to forgive me? a murderer like me does not deserve a princess like you, i could only bring harm to you." he confesses as he stares onto the floor, ashamed.

she lifts his head up, causing their eyes to be connected. they stared at each other, it was like a fantasy. it was as if there were fireworks in their eyes, exploding with love hearts for each other. they could feel their hearts screaming for each other out of crave. that's where, they knew, they needed each other more than they thought. 

slowly, they leaned in towards each other, closing the gaps between them, pressing their lips against each other, fully savouring each other. it slowly got intense when each second passes, they felt sparks, blooming flowers, just everything. their lips were like a lock and a key that finally found their way back together, connecting together and opening up their love for each other.

they pulled away, breathing heavily, with their nose against one another's. "every princess needs her prince charming. and that prince charming is you. and not every prince charming is perfect. i'm willing to give you chances so that you would change for the better. i will be here for you to witness your strong and weak side." 

he pulled her into an embrace as he inhales the scent of her. that familiar scent. "thank you. thank you, yerim. really."

~A/N~
hai hai!! there is still a epilogue left that is published after this so do read it too! 💓💓
omg after that i have officially ended this book and please read the part after the epilogue to find out more about my newly published books!!