CHAPTER 24

Daegu's District Orphanage main gate, 6 a.m.

I tightened my grip on my handbag as I watched Eomma and Appa driving away. I can't believe I'm going back in here again. It's not like this place is not good, this has been my first home but the fact that I'm back with my old self again- a girl with no family makes me sad. I got left second time around and it hurts me so much.

I gently wiped the tears cascading down through my cheeks. I fished my phone inside my pocket and decided to call Chanyeol. In this kind of situation he's the only person I need. His voice is already enough to make me feel at ease. Several rings have passed before he finally answered the call.

I was about to utter his name but I heard a strange conversation on the other line. I think he just accidentally answered my call without knowing it so I decided to eavesdrop. What are they talking about and who's the girl he's talking? I know it's not Taeyeon because I can quickly distuingish her voice. Who's she?

"It's better to let her know. Why are you so scared enough?" the girl said. Wait, what should I know? I gulped as I waited for Chanyeol to respond.

"It's not that easy. I've been keeping a lot of secrets from her. I should've done it before if it wasn't that hard. I don't want to hurt her either." Chanyeol groaned. I can hear his heavy sighs on the other line.

What am I hearing? What are these things? What are you doing to me Park Chanyeol?

"You'll be hurting her once you tell this to her or not. I'm telling you all of this because I love you so much. It's no longer fun to live with so much lies Chanyeol, just learn to let go----"

I didn't finish that girl's words. I quickly ended the call and I'm in a total shock that I didn't notice my hands are already trembling. It seems like my heart was getting stabbed by millions of knives and I couldn't get a proper breathing. This is not what I'm expecting. I'm willing to leave the house for Chanyeol but based on those conversation, i think he's planning to leave me. I'm expecting him to comfort me on my situation but why am I... hurting like this?

I am spacing out for almost an hour that I didn't notice the rain starts pouring heavily. My tears keeps on cascading down through my cheeks and it somehow relieves me because it blended with the raindrops so no one could notice that I'm crying.

I don't care if I'll be soaking wet in here because I know that in the end, no one would ever care for me. I slowly looked back at the orphanage, mentally arguing with myself if I'm going to enter to my old world... or not... I'm twice devastated right now and I couldn't think straight so I slowly made a step and started walking, grabbing my travelling bag.

-----------------------------------------------
Author's POV

The sky is already dark yet she keeps on walking on the silent streets, undecided where she'll be going. Her feet is now bleeding because of her shoes and because of too much walking. She didn't left any care for herself. She felt like all of her systems became numb already, not recognizing any single pain.

The only noise that could be heard on the street was her travelling bag, being dragged. And her heavy breathing that prevents herself not to cry. 

She has no idea of where she is right now. She's now walking on a corner where she's about to pass a bunch of drunk men. Her mind is empty right now.

"Where are you going in the middle of the night, young lady?" one of the drunk men said while slowly approaching Tae Ah.

"Based on your looks, you must've been kicked out" they started laughing but Tae Ah ignored them and keeps on walking.