CHAPTER 25

KAI POV

"It's been a long time Kai..." she suddenly flashed a smile despite of the pain she's feeling.

She looks so pale. Bruises and wounds are very evident on her face. I then cleared my throat to maintain my expression.

"And you're still as ugly as before." I exclaimed and I just saw her pout.

What an ugly creature.

I rolled my eyes as I stood up and planning to leave the room when she suddenly grabbed the hem of my shirt.

"You're leaving?" She asked in a sad tone. I sighed as I turned around to face her and I saw tears forming in her eyes.

Is she crying again? Darn. I'm just going to check the porridge that I'm cooking.

"I-I don't know I just can't help but to cry. I think I have 'leaving issues' now that everything happened to me is a mess. I-I'm sorry" she sniffed as she wiped her tears off.

"It's okay. I'm not leaving. I won't leave my house." I emphasized the word house to reply back and I heard her chuckle.

"That's right. Don't leave your house. It's not good to be left at." she said meaningfully

"I'll just go to the kitchen and get you some porridge" I said and left the room. Why am I explaining all things to her?

I quickly went through the kitchen and got some porridge. I placed it on a container plate together with a glass of water and a capsule of inflammatory medicine.

I went back to her and saw her crying again under the sheets of my blanket. She's really devastated right now. What can I do to help her ease the pain?

I gently placed the plate on the side table and sat beside her. I tapped her shoulder as I heard her continous sobs.

It isn't easy to be in her situation if I were to put myself on her shoes. She has been left by her family twice and the worst thing is, she's betrayed by someone she loves. She almost put herself into danger. I suddenly felt the urge to tell her my horrible.

"I once had a girlfriend. Someone I truly love the most..." I started telling her my story

"We're so happy that time. I feel like my world only revolves on her. In other words, I can't live my life without her." I added as I noticed her sobs stopped.

"But something bad happened..." I nearly cracked my voice as I trailed off

"Remember Chanyeol's farewell party? I was drunk with D.O that time. And I didn't notice that someone followed me on my way home." I said as I'm preventing myself to tear up.

"She entered into my house. And because I was drunk, I thought she's Krystal so I let her do what she want. Krystal visits me home every night because she knows I have no family to talk to... But..." I nearly choke the air on my throat as I'm controlling myself.

"Krystal arrived home and saw us. the worst thing was, she saw us doing something... Her eyes were full of disappointment and pain. She ran out of the house crying and I tried to chase her to explain things to her but I'm so drunk that time and my head throbs so I passed out." I didn't mind my tears anymore. I just let it out as I felt my heart getting squeezed. I'm feeling the same pain again.

"The next morning... I-I heard a news. A-A girl was raped and got killed on a dark alley near at my place. I'm expecting that girl wasn't Krystal. I know Krystal so much. She knows how to fight with men. I taught her how to fight." I said between my sobs