Freedom

Special shoutout to Leah for helping me get this story to come to fruition❤️

Tony

"Shit" I sighed out. My eyes were glued to the computer. Continuously looking at the deals made over the past month.

"What's wrong now?" a feminine voice asked.

I shook my head slightly and laid back in the chair. My eyes travelled towards her and they were instantly glued to her.

"Jessica Regal continues to piss me off in more ways than I can count".

"Don't let her stress you out please. Don't do anything stupid either. Let's not forget she has the greatest transportation service we can ever ask for" she said as she pushed her black hair behind her ear.

Katelyn had her hair straight and wore a blue blouse with a black skirt and black heels. She grew up so much these past years. It felt like yesterday when I met her again after her being gone for so long.

"I'm try-" I was cut off as my office phone rang and I put it on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Yes Mr. Cage, you didn't seem to understand the last time that I need more weapons to protect my shipments" they said.

"And you don't seem to understand that I cannot give you all my weapons just for shipments. I provide you with nothing more than state-of-the-art equipment for your men guarding my merchandise".

"You are not the only customer I have. My business is worldwide Tony" she stated.

Why is she calling me Tony? "I know that Ms. Regal, but my business is more im-"

"I will not hear that excuse again. Angelo said the same to me before!" she interrupted.

I clenched my fist " We will discuss this another time Ms. Regal" I said and hung up.

I looked at Katelyn and felt the atmosphere change. Angelo was a sensitive topic to her. Even me.

"When is he getting out?" she asked.

I sighed and relaxed " Who knows? Last time I visited he said himself he doesn't know".

"It's been 4 years, and the judge said 13. How are we supposed to wait that long?" she asked.

I stood and went to sit beside her. "I'm just as confused as you Katelyn" I said "Things feel weird without Angelo being here honestly".

That hurt to say. Me and Angelo always competed in everything we did. Now to join our businesses and not have him here is a feeling unfamiliar with me.

She smiled at me and I moved to kiss her but she got up and walked away.

"I got to get back to work in the laboratory" she said before leaving.

I sighed as my phone rang in my pocket. I grabbed it and answered it. "Yes?".

"Tony, I miss you so much. College is so hard" Joey said.