Relief

Jewel

"Angelo" I moaned under my breath.

My eyes widened as William shot up and stared at me. I looked at him and froze in place with my mouth shut.

"Who the fuck is Angelo?" he demanded.

"William I—"

"Who the fuck is Angelo?!" he repeated.

I stayed silent not knowing what to say. He stepped out of the room. When I realized he was taking long I was about to get up to bring him back in the room.

He suddenly came back inside and pointed a gun at me. "Who the fuck is Angelo? I'm not asking no more Jewel" he said.

I stuttered when trying to answer him, but words couldn't form out my mouth. A loud bang filled the room and I saw red fly everywhere. I looked at William as he stepped closer and put the gun on my forehead.

"P..lea" I gurgled with blood filling my mouth.

He pulled the trigger.

••••••••••••••••

I shot up and screamed and I felt a body move on the side of me.

"What's wrong Jewel?" William asked alarmed.

I panted and looked at him and stared in his eyes. It was only a nightmare. I saw the concern in his chocolate orbs staring at me awaiting my answer.

I hugged him and cried in his shoulder. He wrapped his hands around me and rubbed my back affectionately.

That Evening

I kissed William and waved him goodbye as he left and went to work. I bit my lip trying to decide if I should do what I planned.

I opened my phone and texted Angelo to come over. I sat down and wondered if that was a smart move. Why couldn't this man stay out of my head? Even after everything he said to me that day in his office. Even after the pain he caused me.

I spent hours thinking about if that was a right move. It was now night time and I realized that was a sign that I shouldn't deal with him anymore. I felt relieved but deep down something in me hurt.

A knock was heard throughout the house and my heart dropped. I quickly stood up and made my way to the door. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself. I opened the door and there he stood.

Angelo Cage. The man who made me a victim of the sex trade for years. The man who purchased me and was different than any other master I had. The man who made my emotions mixed every time I saw him. The man who was going to make me his personal assistant. The man who I once loved. The man who always stays on my mind.

The man who I may still love.

The man who made my life change forever when I was fifteen.

He stepped inside and closed the door. I stood still thinking of everything we went through. He locked the door and stood calmly while peering down at me.

"Well, I'm here" he said.

I slapped him. I haven't hit him since he confessed to kidnapping me. Damn that I felt great!