The Near End

Angelo

I looked at the gravestone in front of me with regret. Memories ran through my head of the moments we shared. When we first met she was a pitiful thing, cowering under his presence. Shock ran through her face as she realized I was the Angelo Cage.

The stupid mistakes she made, like when she left her room to go into mines and the punishment she received. When she thought I was going to sell her and tried to be on her best behavior.

When I reminded her everyday she was a slave. Giving her to Tony, fucking other women in her place. Bailing out on our date in favor of Jessica. No matter the things I did she still loved me.

Then I fucked it all up when she found out I was the reason she was a slave. My obsession with her was for years and it was still strong. When I was released from jail I watched her for months, happy to see she was strong willed and independent now.

I had to break that, I couldn't allow her to go through life without me, her master. I don't regret getting William killed, not for one second did I feel remorse. But the guilt hit me hard when she grew a pair of balls and put her foot down.

I realized that I really fucked up. I was for once fearful that I lost her. Now in reality I really lost her.

She was dead.

Trey killed her just to spit in my face once more. Tony managed to get the body and shot Trey just to escape but couldn't kill him.

I looked at the two gravestones on the side of her own. They were her parents' and she deserved to be next to them. I looked at the three people I basically killed. If I wasn't a part of their lives then maybe they could of been here today.

A tear had shed from my eye for the first time in years. The heartless Angelo Cage could of actually felt remorse for his work. With the amount of deals I did I had a lot of blood on my hands even if I didn't kill them myself. I was in a shady business and I didn't care.

Maybe that's why Trey was here, to get me to finally fix my mistakes from my actions. I sold fucking nukes for fuck sake.

But I didn't deserve this. The one woman I loved was taken from me again. Not for another 4 years but forever.

No, no. Trey thinks he can do this and just get away from it all. Stay in my fucking house until I die? Trey not only killed Jewel but he kidnapped my fucking sister.

He wishes to take the things I worked hard for and give my business to fucking Tony?! I should of never let Jewel bring us back close, I shouldn't of let Katelyn put us close. We always had a sibling rivalry but he got to fucking comfortable.

My mind wrapped around the bullshit Tony fed me. He shot Trey? Trey would never let a man who shot him leave his sight or take a dead body with him. Trey only dated Katelyn so he could get information on me.

I'm smarter than fucking this! How could I not see thats Tony kidnapped fucking Katelyn for his sick fucking desires. He killed Jewel. I was to busy worrying about Jewel to not see the clear signs in my face. He didn't even sound remorseful when he gave me her fucking body.

I will avenge you Jewel. Family or not, I never was forgiving.

Tony

Cheers erupted around the room as the bottle popped and champagne flew around the room.

Music exploded throughout the room as the jazz band played with enthusiasm.

I drank from the champagne bottle and laughed as I went into the crowd with Leona at my side. Multiple women flocked to me and tried to get my attention. I held Leona back as I saw she was about to lash out.