I can't help it if I make a scene

***

I walked back home with Ash and she smirked at me.

"Well someone's falling hard." I blushed and snorted.

"Am not."

"I said someone, not you." I giggled and shoved her lightly.

"Oh shut up!" She laughed.

"But it's so much fun!"

We just laughed as we walked back and went in the secret way. As we crawled through the vents to our room we heard something.

"Are they gone?"

Mom? Ash and I shared a look, we were so listening to this. We crawled closer.

"Yeah, they skedaddled on over to town for some hardcore fun. Sister/Sister thing." Momma? I took a peak bellow us and sure enough we were somewhere above the office. We moved slowly and quietly so we didn't make a single sound, not even a spy sound.

"I hope their safe." Dad's voice flew up to us. I heard walking.

We found this side panel that was lose so we opened it and it took us to the side of the office, we looked through the cracks. This space was kinda big and cool, spiders yes but still cool. I saw Mom patting Dad's back as Momma sat down in one of the chairs. "She worries me sometimes." She muttered. Ash and I looked at each other confused.

"She's a lot like you Katie," Mom said and sat down across from her. "And that's a good thing." Wait, wasn't momma supposed to be off in hiding? Momma sighed and shook her head. Okay spy mode on, they're talking about me and they know we're in town. Or at least we were in town. "No it's not!" Momma snapped. Okay what? Aren't parents supposed to be happy when people mention stuff like that? What was even going on?

"She's being reckless, she's not even putting her guard up! Sure he's just a townee but she should still be on guard!" Wait she thinks I'm not being cautious? When am I not on guard, oh yeah that's right, never. I felt Ash's hand on my fist that I didn't even know that I formed. I tried to relax but I didn't really like the fact that I was being talked about behind my back by my own parents. "She's not being careful. She should know better!" Momma was yelling now.

"I shouldn't be falling that hard!!" She yelled and then whipped at her eyes. She growled and punched the chair in anger. Mom walked over and patted her back. "Katherine, Katie calm down, he's gone now." Oh, Ash looked down at the floor. They were talking out my male-birth-'father'. Wait why? I wanted to go in there, not to ask questions but to comfort momma. She was crying now. "What did I even see in him?!" I got up to go over to her but Ash's hand on my arm stopped me. "She probably doesn't want us to watch." Ash spoke so quietly and I sighed realizing she was right.

Momma wouldn't want me listening, she probably wants me to never even let him cross my mind. I got and we both walked off. Once we got into our room I put on a fake smile. Ash looked at me confused. Lexie wiggled her brows at me. "So~ how was it?" I pretend to cover my face with my hand. "Oh shut up!" Mel laughed. "Ooh, Kana's embarrassed? This outta be good." She laid down on her stomach and I shook my head. "Nope, I'm not talking. My secret."

"Boo! Boo! Get off the stage!" Mel pelted me with erasers that I threw back. I laughed but momma's words still bounced about in my head, what was going on before? I feel asleep after a while and I had a strange dream.

I was running, there was a man behind me, he chased me. I didn't want to get caught so I ran faster, my lungs burned for air. My breath huffed and suddenly I was jerked to the left by some force and I fell. The ground was at my face and I tried to get up but someone picked me up. As I looked at the ground but it turned into black emptiness. I looked around and suddenly I was face to face with the man I didn't want to get caught by.