27. Family (P.2)

Momma sprinted to the kitchen(I think) and Dad seconds later ran in after her.

~After many many MANY minutes of waiting~

I sighed and got out of my chair, Mom and Ash ran out of hair on my head to make tiny braids with and I walked in the door to the kitchen where Momma and Dad disappeared in. I saw my reflection in the toaster(we actually have those here?) and my hair was made of lumpy random braids and I ran my hand through them getting them to untangle.

I started to panic when I didn't find them at first thinking maybe the mystery guy had come back and taken them but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't go any faster than my sluggish pace. Ugh, this is what I get for sleeping for more than 2 hours a night.

I sighed and then yawned which only made me even more tired than I already was.
"Momma? Dad?" I heard a faint yes come from somewhere in this massive kitchen and having no sleep after a long time of a good healthy 12 hours finally caught up with me. I saw a chair and although it wasn't the comfiest chairs I've sat in so far I just fell asleep there.

***

I heard Sheridan's voice call out. "Momma? Dad?" I looked around but I couldn't see her.

"Yeah?" I called back but no response. I was done with the blue waffles(yes actual blue waffles) and I was just cleaning up. I looked over at Zach and we nodded to each other. We stopping doing what we were doing and looked around the kitchen for my baby.

I looked around then finally saw her flopped into a chair drooling. Zach came up behind me and I saw him smile at her. He gave her a loving look and I sighed. Zach is the only father that has ever stayed in Sheridan's life. Her 'dad' went insane, her adoptive fathers before were either never there or died, Townsend is a great guy and a cool uncle but he has his own kids.

Did she even think of me as a mother figure or was I just 'Momma'? The chair didn't look comfortable so I lifted her out of it. Her hair was a mess but I didn't care, it was cute. A glob of drool landed on my shirt but I didn't care about that either.

I opened the door and Cameron and MG raised a brow looking at Sheridan. I didn't shrug so I wouldn't disturb her. I walked over to the softest looking bench and rested her down.

Sheridan's head flopped to the side and she spoke.

"Wa...ffles..." I held back a laugh. That's my girl.

***

I need to give my subconscious a talk, like seriously. This dream was just plain crazy.

So I'm just standing in the kitchen right like I was before but the floor seemed farther away from me than usual. I looked around but I couldn't find Momma or Dad at all.

Then I bumped into this tall stranger.

"Sorry, Babe." Was what he said. Like what? Who does he think he's calling babe? He was way older than me! His dark hair a disheveled mess and his violet eyes reminded me of someone but I couldn't make out who.

He had a small bit if a goatee and peachfuzz that wasn't growing. His hair was pretty long and he had it wrapped up in a small ponytail behind him and gave me a dazzling smile that sent flutters throughout my body.

'Who are you?' I had asked and the man laughed, it was drawing me in. "Babe it's me silly," He leaned in and I could have sworn he smelled like waffles. "Your husband, Ms. Moon." Wait! Did he just call me Ms. Moon!! Tristan?! I pushed away from him and shot my hands out in front of me and I saw something shiny on my left hand, ring finger. A ring.

I backed away from him and he just smiled at me and I saw a matching ring on his hand. Oh gods, oh my gods this, whoa, whoa, whoa! I slipped on something, oil? Suddenly I was falling again from that cliff except for this time it was just me and I never reached the ground even though the back of my head hurt like I hit the ground.