Chapter 54

It was unfortunate that I had to do it. I warned her, but she didn't listen. Now I have to finish what I started. It wouldn't be humane to let her lie there and suffer. That husband of hers will understand my pain. Of course, I thought about killing Michael, too, but the thought of him suffering a life without his wife made me happy. He deserved the misery that I am suffering. What did she see in that guy, anyway? Michael wasn't right for her. It's too late now. She had to pay for her ignorance and refusal to realize the truth. Stupid bitch.

I raised the gun and fired another shot. I missed, but I was still satisfied. The second shot was unnecessary since I had hit her with the first one. It almost made me giddy to know the suffering Michael was about to experience. He deserved it. Michael stole Cheyenne from me. They will both suffer the consequences.

"Why Cheyenne? Why did you think prison could keep me away from you? Why did you do this to yourself? I thought you were smarter than that. That's why I was so attracted to you. Why?

Why? Why?" I punched the steering wheel and then laughed. "Cheyenne, you make me crazy. But I love you and that's why I had to teach you a lesson. If only you would have listened. If only..."