Chapter 26

One down, two to go. He stood there letting the water run over the knife's blade, the blood swirling a path to the drain. She'll be torn up over her friend's death for a little while, but it had to happen. He nodded, reaffirming his actions. She'll eventually understand. She'll understand the people coming between them had to be eliminated-one-by-one. He grinned at the prospect. After her sister is gone, then I can focus on Michael. Or maybe I should take Michael out first. He's more of a nuisance than Raina is. All I know for certain is that I have something extra special planned for him. He dried the knife and finally touched the point. Michael isn't going to die easily. Again, a smile of lethal anticipation curled the lips. "No, he's going to suffer-and suffer slowly." The sudden spoken words echoed into the darkened room.

He frowned. The only hindrance is Michael and his gate code. It shouldn't be too much of a problem since I used to work for a security company. One of my former co-workers owes me a favor. He leered into the darkness.

All of this will be worth it. Once it's over, Cheyenne will see that all this was necessary. She's a sensible woman. He quietly nodded his head in approval. Yeah. Definitely. She's intelligent and will understand. Nothing can come between two people who love each other. Not even death.