Chapter 12

~Saturday~

Today is the day I go back home. The day I say goodbye to the one person who made me feel whole. Like they say, If you love someone set them free, if they come back, it's meant to be.

Since we don't know when or if Alex is coming back, we decided to break up. Long distance never works and it's just stressful. It would suck dating someone if you weren't able to see them whenever you'd like to.

"Goodbye...I'll miss you." I said as a few tears fell down my cheeks. I wiped them away instantly. "Bye Ben. I'll miss you too." Alex said back then pulled me into one last kiss.

I could feel the wetness from his tears as we kissed. I slowly pulled away as I heard my flight get called. I wiped away his tears then started walking to my gate. I looked over my shoulder a few times getting sadder and sadder as He got smaller and smaller.

Eventually he was out of sight. I sighed then gave the lady my ticket, then boarded the plane. I found my seat and sat down in the window seat and just stared out of the small window as I waited for the plane to take off.

I looked away when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked at the guy next to me. Why are all of the guys I meet so cute!? Like what the Hell!?

"Yeah?" I asked awkwardly. "Are you Bentley Grier?" He asks and I just nod. "This day started off bad, now it's turning out to be a pretty good day, I'm a pretty big fan of you." He blushed.

(I couldn't think of/ find anyone else to be a cute boy that Bentley meets, so here's muffin boy)

"Haha that's cool, I haven't really met many of my fans. I kinda want to go on tour but i don't know how to set that up." "You should! I'm Joshua by the way."

"It's nice to meet you Joshua, so why are you going to California?" I asked curiously. "I'm moving in with my grandparents. Apparently my parents are fit to raise me, even though I'm almost 16 and can care for myself."

"Oh, that sucks..." "Yeah...I mean I like my grandparents more than my parents, but i still have to leave my friends, so I'm bummed about that."

"Do you know what school you're gonna be going to?" "Um yeah, *Bentley's school*." "Guess what?" "What?" "That's my school." "Are you serious?" "Yup. Well at least you have one friend already."

He smiled. "It's a great school. I don't really have many friends there, but I guess that has more to do with me than the school." "What do you mean?" He asked. "I like having the same friends, I don't usually want more friends. You know what I mean?" "Yeah. I'm the same way."

"At this point I have three friends, plus you so that makes four." "Cool, what are their names?" "Ellie, Olivia and Luca." "Do you think that would like me?"

"Ellie will probably hit on you once she lays eyes on you, and the other two should like you." "Okay. Do you have pictures of them?" He asked with a chuckle. His laugh is so cute.

"Yeah, let me find one of all of us." I said as I pulled out my phone and looked through my gallery. "Here." I said as I handed him my phone.

"That's Ellie, Luca, and Olivia." I said as I pointed them out to him. "Who's that guy?" He asked as he pointed out Alex. "He's um another one of our friends, who moved. We lost touch with him..." "Oh..." "Yeah..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We talked about our lives for pretty much the whole flight. Even though we just met, it feels like we've grown up together.

I've actually met his grandparents before. They live across the street from me, next to Ellie's house. I've helped them with some chores quite a few times, like yard work and other things that they aren't able to do around their house. They are really nice people.

The plane just landed, so we are just sitting in our seats waiting for everyone to get off, so we can get off as well.

Eventually we were able to get off of the plane and go over to baggage claim to get our bags. Since Josh's grandparents live across the street from me, my dad offered to drive him home as well.

I got home and went straight to bed, I am so tired that I almost didn't make it to my bed. It's weird how just sitting on a plane can tire you out so much.

~~~~Monday~~~~

I wake up and for the first time in a while, I'm actually excited to go to school. I get up out of bed and go into my closet and grab my outfit for the day.

I put on black skinny jeans and a long sleeve mustard and white striped t-shirt then went into the bathroom to brush my teeth, style my hair and put on deodorant.

I walked back to my room and put my socks and shoes on, then grabbed my backpack and went downstairs to eat breakfast.

Nothing really sounded good to, so I just toasted two slices of bread and made and PB&J toast sandwich.

I finished my food then walked out of the house, locking the door behind me, since no one else is home.

I walk over to the bus stop and sit down in my usual spot and put my earbuds in my ears as I wait for my friends to show up.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the song I was listening to. I was about to start singing along when someone tackled me. "Ah!" I screamed and looked at the culprit. "Eloise!" I yelled as I pushed her off of me.

"You're back! I missed you!" She yelled as she pulled me into a hug. "I was gone for a week." "So? That is a very long time!" I just chuckled.

"So I heard that there's a new boy that is going to our school!" She said excitedly. "I met him on my way home." "You did!? Is he hot!?" "Why don't you ask him yourself?" I asked as I nodded my head in his directions.

"He's so hot!" She yelled a little too loud. He chuckled as he walked over to us. "Why thank you." He laughed as he sat down next to us.

Her face got so red! "You really need to say things in your head first." I joked and she shoved me a little. "Shut up!"

Eventually Olivia and Luca joined us at the bus stop. "Who are you and what have you done with Bentley?" Olivia asked while shaking me. "What do you mean?" I asked laughing.

"Bentley doesn't laugh or even smile. Who are you!?" She yelled while still shaking me. "I'm Bentley. I'm just not sad anymore."

"What happened while you were gone?..." "Nothing, I just moved on. It's better not to dwell on things." Her and Ellie gave me the weirdest look.

"Guys stop, I'm back to normal, just get over it." I said getting annoyed from all of the attention I was getting.

"Fine. Sorry." They both said, then started filling me in on what had happened while I was gone. Apparently Luca lied about being gay, so that the girls at our school would stop hitting on him.

Oh and him and Ellie are now dating. I'm not really surprised by that. They go together, if that makes sense.

Soon enough the bus came and we were off to school.