Chapter 22

~Sunday~

I have my boxes packed and in my trunk, along with Alex's boxes. We are off to college! This day feels just like how it did 16 years ago when Jacob went off to college.

Everyone we cared about the most was here to send us off. I said my good byes to all of the adults in my life that helped me become who I am today.

I said goodbye to the cutest little boys around. The two little boys who gave me the title 'Uncle Bentley'. "I'm going to miss you guys so much!" I said crouching down and hugging them. I gave them each one of my favorite hats, like Jacob did for me.

And last but not least, I said goodbye to Alaya. Out of everyone, she is the most special to me. "C'mere." I said with my arms open wide. She instantly ran to me and hugged me tightly. I smiled and hugged  back, resting my chin on the top of her head.

"I'm going to miss you so much!" She mumbled into my chest. "I'm going to miss you too Munchkin." I pulled away from her, then went into the backseat of my car and pulled out a blanket.

"I want you to have this." I said handing it to her. She looked at me confused at first, until she realized who's blanket this was.

It was Jacob's baby blanket that Grandma Elizabeth made for him when he was born. I don't know how, but it is still in pretty good condition. He had given it to me on the Christmas after he left for college. Him and Kazzy came down to visit and he had wrapped it and put it under the tree.

"It's my turn to pass it down to the most special person to me." I said and she smiled widely with a few tears falling down her cheeks.

I wiped them away with my thumbs, then hugged her one last time before we left. "Thanks for growing up with me and making my childhood the best it could have been." I whispered to her and kissed the top of her head.

"Thank you for being the best uncle a girl could ask for." She whispered back. We pulled away and I said one last goodbye to everyone, then Alex and I got into my car and drove away.

~~~~~~~~~~~

We just got to our University and are now looking for our dorm room. We made sure that we were able to share a room. We have another roommate, but that doesn't matter since the bedrooms are separate rooms.

"507 B" I mumbled as we got to our dorm. I opened the door to see Luca sitting on the couch watching TV. Of course Luca found out which dorm was ours and made sure it was his dorm as well.

"Finally you guys are here! I was starting to get bored without you guys!" He said standing up, then bringing us into a group hug.

We both chuckled and hugged back. "I'm kind of glad that you are our other roommate and not some stranger." Alex said "Me too, now we don't have to worry about the possible chance of them hating us." I said with a slight chuckle.

We pulled away from the hug, then Alex and I put our stuff into our rooms and started to unpack, with the help of Luca.

We didn't really pack much of our stuff so it only took about an hour for us to get fully unpacked and everything set up in our rooms.

"What do you guys want to do now?" I asked while plopping myself down onto the couch. "I heard that there's a party tonight for all of the freshman." Luca said.

"Is it just for freshman?" Alex asked. "Yeah." Luca responded. "Okay, then we are going." We all sat on the couch quietly for a few minutes.

"Anyone else miss home?" I asked breaking the silence. "Yeah." Luca said. "I miss your house." Alex replied with a laugh. "God I'm glad to be hours away from my parents." Luca and I just nodded in agreement. Alex's parents are the worst.