Chapter 20

~December 18th, Monday~

I woke up to my family singing 'Happy Birthday' to me. I rolled over and covered my head with my pillow then yelled at them to go away. I heard my mom and dad laugh, then they all walked away.

I slept until my alarm went off, then I got up and got dressed for school. I put on a white shirt, black jeans that are ripped across the knees, my dad's tie dye hoodie, and white converse.

After I was fully ready for the day, I ran downstairs and met up with my family in the kitchen. "Good morning Birthday boy." My mom smiled as she placed a McDonald's bag on the table then kissed my cheek.

"Morning." I said then opened the bag and pulled out two bacon egg and cheese bagels. I smiled then sat down and ate them.

When I finished them, I threw away my trash, then hugged both of my parents. "Thank you." I whispered to them. "You're welcome." They both whispered back.

I hugged Kazzy and Lena, then left the house and started to ride my skateboard to school. As I was riding, I could sense someone following me.

I turned my head to the side and saw a car driving behind me slowly. I turned my head back around, and started going faster, to try and get away.

The car just went faster, so I turned the corner instead of going straight like I was supposed. When they turned the corner as well, I got off my skateboard and ran as fast as I could. 

When they got closer, I ran around one of the houses and hopped the fence, then hopped it again in the direction on the road I was supposed to go on to get to school.

I sprinted the whole way there and when I finally got inside, I collapsed to the floor infront of the door and tried to catch my breath.

I was so out of breath that I was coughing. "Are you okay?" A random guy asked. I just nodded my head quickly while still breathing heavily.

When I finally caught my breath, I just sat with my back against the wall that was next to the door. That person was following me, that was not just a coincidence.

"Hap-" Ellie started but I covered her mouth. "Don't you dare say it." I said sternly as she moved from her crouching position to sitting next to me.

"Fine." She pouted. "I think someone's following me..." I said with a hint of terror in my voice. "Why do you think that?" She asked confused.

"On my way here, this car was driving behind me slowly. I turned the corner and they did too..." "Well that's creepy." "Yeah."

The bell rang a few minutes later, so we got up, grabbed our things from our lockers, then went to first period.

When we got into the classroom, Alex was sitting in his seat with a cheesy smile. I laughed as i got closer to him. "Happy 16th Bentley." He smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled and hugged him. "I got you something." He said as we pulled away from each other. "Here." He said handing me a wrapped present.

I ripped the wrapping paper to see the Nerf gun that I've been wanting. I smiled and looked up at him, to see that he had another gift wrapped up. "And this." He said handing it to me.

I put the first present down on my desk, then opened the other one. It was a box full of all of my favorite candies and snacks.

"You're the best." I smiled and hugged him, then kissed his cheek since we would get in trouble if we actually kissed.

"Anything for you." He winked, then we sat down in our desks and the teacher started the lesson.

~~~~~~~~~~

  After school, our whole group walked home together, since we were all going to my house. We were just laughing at all of the memories we had with each other, until we all realized that someone was following us in a car again.

We all stopped in our tracks and stared at the car, waiting for the person to get out. After a few minutes a man got out of the car.

"Are you Bentley Grier?" He asked. I was kind of hesitant to say anything, but if this guy was going to do anything, he would be stopped by my friends. "Um...Yeah? Who are you?"

"I'm Bart Bordelon, I'm the creator of Magcon. It's a Tour where you get to meet your fans." "Oh." Was all I could say. "I was wondering if you would like to join? The tour starts in two months." "I'll think about it..."

He just nodded and gave me his number then left. I put the piece of paper in my pocket, then continued to walk.

I could hear my friends murmuring behind me, but I just ignored them and continued to walk home.

When we got to my house, we all kind of just sat in my living room and continued with our laughing about memories, while we waited for my parents to come home.

I'm proud to call these people my friends. They are wonderful in their very own special ways. I looked at each of them and smiled to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~

My parents got home, then we all went to a Chinese Buffet called Chi. It's honestly pretty good, compared to others, it's the best.

I am so beyond happy to be able to celebrate my 16th birthday with my friends and most of my family. They are all the best things that I have in my life. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

We just ate and talked about stories of me. I don't know if it's just me, but I love hearing stories about my self that I don't remember. Especially the ones with Jacob in them.

"I want some egg drop soup, but it's so far." I said with a pout and looked at Alex. He just chuckled and got up and grabbed it for me.

And this is why I love him, well it's one of the many reasons. "Thank you." I said with a smile as he handed me the small bowl and spoon.

"You're welcome." He smiled as he sat back down in his seat and grabbed my hand. "I remember how Bentley and I first met." He said with a slight laugh. 

"He was running away from Ellie's boyfriend and ran into me and hit his head on the ground, so I took him to the nurse's office and I had to force him to lay down on the bed. I gave him ice, then felt bad for hurting him, so I took him out to lunch."

"I remember that, He saw me then started yelling at Weston for getting me pregnant." Lena said laughing. "It was funnier, because he acted like he just found out, even though he had known for 7 months." Weston added.

"Yeah, that was an interesting day. I had to pretend to date Ellie." I said laughing along with everyone else. "You will always do whatever it takes to help out your friends." My dad said while laughing and shaking his head.

"Just like you." My mom said as she looked at him and smiled. He smiled at her, then looked at the rest of us. "I'm glad my son has all of you to be by his side through everything." He said as he looked at each of my friends.

"And I'm specifically glad that he met you." He said looking at Alex. "I've never seen him happier than he is when he is with you." He continued.

"I'm Thankfully that I have all of you in my life." I smiled. We continued to eat and talk, until we got full. After that, we went back to my house to open presents.

I sat in my dad's recliner as everyone else sat either on the couches or on the floor. I opened present after present, thanking whoever gave them to me, after each one.

In total I received: Five Nerf guns, a Nikon DSLR camera, Candy, My favorite movies, Merch from my favorite YouTubers and singers, and my favorite shows on DVD.

Once everyone was gone, I told my parents about that Bart guy. We talked about the whole thing for about an hour.

When we were done talking about it, My dad called Bart to tell him that I'm joining, while I went upstairs with all of my presents and went through them, putting them all away, except for the candy.

I put F.R.I.E.N.D.S on my TV, then got comfy in my bed and watched a few episodes and ate a few things of candy. Then I changed into pajama pants and a random long sleeve shirt, then went to bed.