Chapter 16

~Thursday~

I woke up and quickly got dressed in a pair of ripped jeans and a hoodie since it's cold. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and hair, then grabbed my backpack and ran out to the bus stop.

Yes I've been re-enrolled in our school. I put my hood over my head and sunglasses on so that Bentley or the others wouldn't recognize me.

"I feel like he's hiding something." I heard a guy say. I looked up and saw Luca and some other guy walking over to us. "I doubt that he's hiding anything, he's probably just really confused." Luca replied as they sat down near me.

They continued to talk about whatever, while I tried to ignore them and wait for Bentley to show up.

I was about to get up and go over to his house, to see if he was okay when I got tackled to the ground by Ellie and Olivia.

"Alex!" They both yelled happily. How did they know it was me? "How did you know it was me?" I asked pushing them off of me then sitting up.

"We've seen you wear sunglasses and a hoodie before duh." Ellie said sassily. "Oh...Well I'll be right back." I said then ran over to Bentley's house and knocked on the door.

I waited a few minutes until the door opened. Behind the door was a sickly boy wrapped in a blanket. "Alex?" He asked in his morning voice but it was more raspy.

"Surprise." I said giving him an awkward smile. He smiled back weakly then pulled me into a hug. "How are you feeling?" I asked as I hugged back.

"Sick, but I got my memory back. Hey do you know if the bus left yet?" He asked "No, it hasn't came yet. Why?" "I gotta tell some people that I remember them." He said walking out of his house.

I kind of just followed him, because it would be weird if I just stayed at his house, plus I have to get on the bus to go to school.

When we got to the bus stop, Bentley went straight to the kid that I didn't recognize and hugged him. I don't know why but I got a weird feeling. I think it's jealousy...

Bentley's Pov...

I woke up and all of my memories flooded back into my head. It gave me a huge headache but it was well worth it.

I planned to tell Josh later on today that I remembered him, until I heard a knock on the front door. I threw on a long sleeve t shirt, then walked down the stairs and opened the door.

To my surprise it was Alex. I greeted him, then we both went to the bus stop. When we got there I went straight to Josh and hugged him. "I got my memory back." I whispered to him.

He hugged me back tighter and kissed my cheek. "I knew you would get your memory back." He whispered back.

I stayed with them at the bus stop until the bus came. Once they were all on the bus, I went back home and took a shower.

I washed my hair and body, then just kind of stood there for thirty minutes deep in thought as the warm water ran down my body.

When I snapped back to reality, I turned off the water and got out. I wrapped a towel around my waist and wiped off the mirror.

I just stared at my face and body. I don't look like myself. I guess I lost quite a bit of weight recently.

I picked up my dirty clothes and walked back into my room. I threw them into the hamper along with my towel, then I walked into my closet and grabbed a pair of pajama pants and a t shirt.

I then walked over to my dresser and grabbed a pair of boxers then got dressed. After I got dressed, I went downstairs and ate some breakfast.

I ate a bowl of cereal, a bagel, some pancakes and a bowl of mixed fruit. I didn't realize how hungry I was.