Chapter 8

A/N
Hey guys!
There are some changes here..some new characters that I introduced in the new Chapter 3. I wrote DAT part a few days ago but I just found out that I'd mistakenly deleted it.😢
Honestly, it's annoying! It was a long chapter, and I wanted u to have a peek into the world of Nollywood (fictional) and all,but WATTPAD had to do this!😢😤😩
Ohhh...my tear glands!

It's okay.I'm not actually crying.

*sniffles*

I'll rewrite it and publish it soon, so pls don't be bothered.

I'll try to encourage myself in the Lord.
😔🙆

Stay awesome!😋

"You called?"

Grace looked up from her laptop at Richard's words. His shirt had been starched and pressed, and his khaki shorts gave him a boyish look. For once, he appeared sober. Grace didn't know whether or not to be grateful about that.

"Hello Richard."

"You know, my friends call me Rich," he said, smiling.

"Oh." Grace cocked her head, her expression one of pure innocence. "We're friends?"

Richard leaned back on his seat and spread his hands. "Sure," he drawled. "Every pretty lady is my friend. Plus, I'm very open-minded." Richard winked suggestively at her, and she laughed, playing along with him.

"You know, I was quite surprised when you called."

"Oh?"

"I mean, you asked me to meet you here?" Richard wrinkled his nostrils as he surveyed their surroundings. They were in an old rundown cafe on the mainland. With the number of old men and women around, the place looked more like a retirement home than a cafe. Grace had intentionally chosen that spot. No one would recognize them there, as she wanted no star struck person to disturb them. She had taken extra precaution and worn sunglasses and a face cap, just in case.

"Well," she started,choosing her words carefully. "Is it wrong for friends to want to spend some time together?" Grace said, tongue-in-cheek.

Richard furrowed his brows. "In a rundown café?"

"Fine. You caught me. I was just messing with you."

A little boy ran into the cafe making aircraft noises and headed towards a white-haired woman in a green cardigan.

"Grandma, look! I'm a bee!"

The customers laughed.

"That's an aircraft, honey," his grandma said.