Chapter 11

"I'm the happiest woman alive!"

Feyikemi did a little dance as Grace watched,amused. Maybe she'd had a little too much to drink?

"Honestly, Grace. I've never felt this way for anyone before. Not even for my ex husband, and I thought I loved him. Adekunle is just so wonderful! He pulls off surprises like a pro,treats me like a queen..." Feyikemi trailed off, sighing dreamily.

"That's nice," Grace commented dryly. She still didn't approve of Feyikemi's relationship with Adekunle. Though it hadn't leaked to the public, she was pretty sure it would soon,with the way they were hooking up in parties,fooling themselves that they won't be caught.

"Isn't it too risky?" Grace finally asked,tired of keeping mute.

"What?"

"This relationship of yours. What if you're found out? Haven't you thought about that?"

Feyikemi's brows creased. "Well," she started,lowering herself to a stool beside Grace. They were at the club,in another room that was quieter and more organized. Grace was grateful for the reprieve granted to her aching ears.

"What's the worst that could happen?"

Grace felt like shaking her in an attempt to knock some sense into the woman's head. What's the worst that could happen? Feyikemi had come between two brothers,both very influential people. Her image would be tarnished,for sure. For someone that only appeared on the news when featured in a major movie (which was rare), this reckless act would be her big news yet. It was sure to circulate for weeks! Was Feyikemi that clueless, or was she just being intentionally stupid?

Grace wanted to tell her all these but instead, she shrugged. "Just be careful," she said,signalling to the bartender for her first drink of the night. She didn't plan on getting drunk that day.

"Hm,sure," Feyikemi muttered in a tone that didn't convince Grace. It was Feyikemi's life,not hers,and they weren't particularly close. She didn't want to intrude on her personal life. In fact,Grace wouldn't mind not knowing about Adekunle, but Feyikemi was bursting to share the secret with someone,and that someone had been Grace. Unfortunately. The last thing I want is to be recognized as her ally in this. That wouldn't help her at all. How would she get the protagonist's role in Gifted's new .movie if her name was sprawled on newspaper pages as someone that aided and abetted Feyikemi and Adekunle's reckless romance? Maybe she should stay away from Feyikemi. The woman wasn't helping her cause.

"What's up with you,nowadays? Been featured in a new movie?"

Grace almost snorted. The only 'new movie' she wanted to be in had been proving itself far out of her reach. "No."

"Why not? Your value is pretty high. Producers should be begging you to act in their films."

Yeah,except Gifted.

Grace stared at her drink absentmindedly. "They are," she replied vaguely.

Feyikemi frowned. "Then why are you-"

"Grace!"

They both looked up as Richard sauntered over to them. Shirt tucked out,pants creased,beer in hand-  his signature look was intact.

"Grace!"

"I'm right here," Grace hissed,not too eager to be seen with the celebrity drunk. She looked around at the few people in the room. They were too busy staring dismally at their drinks and engaging in meaningless chatter to notice.