Chapter 21

Hey guys. I just edited chapter 15. I added some new stuff (Cassandra's POV) so I'd like you to check it out. That will give u a better understanding about the story. Thanks☺😇

After visiting Grace in the police station, Bola took some time off work. She needed direction concerning what to do, and she felt burdened about Grace. She prayed with her whole heart, pleading for mercy on her behalf. After a whole day of prayer and meditation, she got a pointer, and she acted upon it immediately.

Bola contacted Rachel to get the contact details of Grace's lawyer, and the latter insisted on going with her.

"Rachel, you've done enough. I can handle this," Bola tried to sway her.

"No, Aunt. This is my Big Sis we're talking about. I'll go with you," Rachel stubbornly refused to back down.

"What about your parents? Do they know about this?"

Rachel shrugged. "Not really."

"Rachel! You didn't tell them?"

"I'm eighteen now, so I'm an adult," Rachel defended herself. "Plus, I'm in university now, they aren't aware of eighty percent of the things I'm up to," she tried to sound casual, but Bola detected a hint of pain in her words. Despite her feigned nonchalance, Rachel still craved her parent's attention. Bola sighed.

"Alright then. I hope you've not been missing any classes?"

Rachel scratched her hair.

"Rachel!"

"Chill, Aunt. I've only missed a few. Three, max. Don't worry, I'll catch up. Baby's got brains," Rachel smirked.

Bolo wasn't amused. "We all do," she pointed out dryly.

Rachel rolled her eyes. "I'm pretty smart. I'll catch up, I promise."

"Fine. Let's go."

The lawyer, Mr. Wasiu Jimoh, was courteous and all business. He listened to Bola's story without interrupting her, only to hit her with a barrage of questions when she was done.

"She said all those?"

Bola nodded.

Wasiu paused thoughtfully. "Hmm."

"She's not mad, sir," Rachel said.

Wasiu sighed. "I sure hope not. Most people think she is, though, so it's their word against ours."

"If you don't believe us, you can have this." Rachel held something out to him. A phone. Wasiu took it from her. "You recorded it?"
Rachel nodded.

Bola stared at her in awe. She hadn't had an inkling. The girl was as smart as she said. She mouthed "good job,detective," and Rachel beamed.

Wasiu hit the play button and listened attentively to the recording. It was clear, and he heard every word. From the recoding, Grace had been crying as she recounted her tale.

"Well," Wasiu said after listening to the audio,"this is good, but we need more than her testimony to prove her innocence."

"What do you mean?"

Wasiu clasped his hands on the table. "Mr. Daniels had a clean record- in the eyes of the law and the public- so it's difficult to say he raped her without-"