Chapter 15(edited)

*Dedicated to @doluwayoshe

"She cheated on him."

"What?"

"She cheated on him."

"I heard you the first time. Why did she do that?"

Richard shrugged. "It's not a big deal."

"I know, I know. Cassandra has no ounce of morality, but still. Daniel?" Grace was stupefied. Only a dummy would land a role like that and throw it away because of a fling.

Richard raised a brow. "You like him?"

"What? No! Nothing like that. I'm just... surprised. I mean, how could she be so stupid?"

Richard shrugged. "No one understands how that girl thinks. She's so unpredictable, it's annoying," he said reflectively.

Grace scoffed. Unpredictable indeed. What was she thinking? Cassandra was cunning, so this sort of thing was an extremely stupid thing to do. Who would dare offend such a renowned Producer by cheating on him? Queen or not, Cassandra could kiss her career goodbye!

Not that I care. In fact, this is the opportunity I've been waiting for. It would be so much easier to get into Gifted since Cassandra was no longer in the way. Plus, Grace had something going with Daniel- not romantic or anything, but enough to sway him to favour her.

After the get-together, Grace had pondered on Daniel's reaction to Cassandra's absence. She'd been quiet on the way to Rachel's house, and the latter had kept mum too. Grace had known that something was up with Rachel, but she had been too preoccupied with her thoughts to ask.

"Thanks for the ride," Rachel had said after alighting.

Grace smiled. "Nice house," she'd said,admiring the large bungalow painted with different shades of green. The gate allowed her to see through it easily.

Rachel nodded,obviously used to the comment. She turned away,and Grace had watched her enter the compound. Then, Yinka had driven Grace to her own house. Grace hadn't slept well that night, she'd been thinking so hard that she'd had to take paracetamol to combat the headache that occurred as a result.

She had come to two conclusions. One, that Cassandra had had a fight with Daniel, or that Cassandra had intentionally chosen to be absent. The second sounded preposterous, so Grace had deleted it from her mental list. Then, she'd called Richard the following morning. Richard had ears and eyes everywhere. He was the ultimate gossip magnet. They'd agreed to meet at the club. Richard had suggested his house, but Grace had politely declined. Richard was a pervert and she didn't trust him.

Grace had carefully avoided Feyikemi. She didn't need to hear more about her rendezvous with Adekunle. Feyikemi had called her a few times, but she'd ignored them, choosing instead to send a text, apologizing for missing her calls and explaining how busy she was. Hopefully, Feyikemi would get the hint and leave her alone. She'd breathed in relief when she'd seen Richard chatting with a couple of people. Getting his attention hadn't been easy, but he'd finally succumbed and stumbled out of the club.

"What's going to happen now?" Grace asked.

"Do you want the role or not?"

Grace gave him a weird look. "You know I do."

"Then do what you do best. Suck up to them- Daniel, Adewale, Chidera. I gave you the names. Do the rest." Richard stared at his empty hands. "I should have taken a glass," he grumbled.