Chapter 16

Dedicated to You. And all those that are going through hard times.

"Oh, I hate this!" Grace groaned as she half-ran out of the bathroom to pick her phone on the kitchen counter. She still had lather on her body,but she didn't want to leave her phone ringing. She swiped the screen to answer the phone. Grace cursed when it didn't respond as water droplets splashed on her phone. She wiped her wet hands on her towel and re-tried.

"Hello?"

"You won't believe this! It's all over the news-blogs,everywhere!"

Grace cringed at Rachel's high pitched voice. "What are you even talking about?"

"Cassandra and your crush have broken up! He's officially single!"

Grace rolled her eyes at Rachel's over-excitement. "I already knew that."

"For real? Why didn't you tell me? And here I was,jumping all over the place because your rival has finally eliminated herself and you're telling me that-"

"Rachel. Breathe."

Rachel breathed audibly. "Wow. I needed that."

"Is that all you wanted to tell me? 'Cause I have a bath to finish."

"Yes. You know,you should read the news more often. I'm doing that right now. I've been browsing the net for hours."

"That's your job, Rach. I'm hanging up."

"Wait! This one is not as important, but that woman-the dark petite woman that likes wearing jumpsuits-"

"Feyikemi Olaoye," Grace cut in,blinking water out of her eyes.

"Yes! She and this prestigious director- Adekunle - were caught in a veeeerrry compromising situation a few hours ago."

Grace sighed. She'd known this was going to happen. "Have you seen any comments?"

"Lots. People are really incensed. Most are disappointed in Adekunle, but others think Feyikemi seduced him in an attempt to become popular."

Grace massaged her temple. "I warned her about this."

"No worries. This will blow over in a couple days. There will always be something new to gossip about."

"You're right. Hopefully she'll learn from this."

"Oh no," Rachel gasped.

"What is it now?"

"Grace," Rachel started,tone sober. Grace hadn't wanted Rachel to call her 'auntie'- though that was a sign of respect in their culture- but by her own name. Rachel sometimes called her 'Big Sis' or 'Boss'.

"What is it?" Grace asked.

"There is an article about you too."

Grace's eyes widened in surprise. Though she was famous, she'd been low key for a few months,so why would someone talk about her?

"What is it about?" Her interest was piqued.

"Well,it is about your dwindling stardom. You haven't been in the public eye for long- no films or big parties. People are talking."

"They should. They love me too much to not miss me," Grace boasted,smirking.

Rachel was quiet.

"What's wrong with you?"