Chapter 18

(You guys should really check out "Tears of Summayah" by oluwatimileyin11. If u like reading unique books with interesting characters,you would definitely love it!✌☺)

Teni laughed as his wife placed a plate of food before him. He didn't spare the meal a second glass,solely focused on the letters blared on the pages of the newspaper he was holding.

"Won't you eat your food?"

Teni looked at his wife. She was standing facing the window,and the sun rays enhanced her delicate features.

"Deborah,have I ever told you how beautiful you are?"

Deborah frowned slightly. "Have you been drinking again?"

Teni sighed. She just had to ruin the mood.. Normally she'd blush at his words,but she wasn't herself nowadays. Her very pregnant belly was a testament to that.

"That was years ago," he protested.

Deborah shrugged. "Old habits die hard."

Teni frowned at her,but let it go. He was in no mood to argue.

"Please sit down. You're intimidating me with that belly of yours," he said,half-serious. Deborah obeyed,patting her stomach fondly.

"People always get what they deserve," Teni mused as he continued reading. It was a habit of his- reading the newspaper every morning. Unlike most people,he preferred the hard copy to reading on the internet. His wife and friends teased him about it,but he always laughed it off,insisting that he was old-fashioned.

Deborah leaned in to peer at the papers. "What are you reading?"

"You know Grace Adeyemi?"

Deborah nodded. "That woman in Finding her way? I love that movie! Mostly because you shot it,of course."

Teni chuckled. "If you say so."

"She hasn't been active lately,no movies starring her or any other thing like that," Deborah said,brows furrowed in thought.

"You're a big fan,huh?"

Deborah shrugged. "Who isn't?"

Teni raised a brow.

"Oh! You said you don't like her. Now I remember.

"She's very arrogant. She thinks she can treat others as lesser mortals just because she's a star," Teni spat maliciously.

"Well,I don't know her. But I think she's a pretty good actress. Besides, she doesn't seem like a bad person."

"Not a bad person?" Teni placed the newspaper before her. "Take a look at that."

Deborah gasped as her hand flew to her mouth. She stared at her husband, wide eyed and speechless.

Teni smirked. "She's not a bad person," he nodded pointedly at the paper,"she's a murderer."

"I didn't mean to do it..I didn't mean to kill him..I didn't-"

"But you did. With the heel of your own shoe."

"I didn't mean to kill him.. I didn't mean to kill him.." Grace trailed off,wringing her hands as she stared into nothingness, not seeing the man sitting opposite her.

"Miss Adeyemi,can you tell us what happened?" The man prodded gently, though he was tired of her repetitive words.

Grace blinked. "What?"