One

A boy walked down the sidewalks of Seoul, unable to hide his sadness. Even with his hood up, you could see his tears. But maybe they weren't tears. Maybe it was just the rain.

Maybe it was both.

But who knows. No one on the streets knows this boy.

But maybe you know. Maybe I know.

Of coarse I know. It was Kim Seokjin.

After losing his sister to a car crash, he has never been the same. He always tried to act happy, but there was always a memory playing in the back of his mind, reminding him of the good times.

He should have appreciated them.

He cried at night, he couldn't sleep.

He tried to get over it, make it a distant memory.

But it never seemed to work.

Sometimes there was visions of blood.

So much blood.

He had witnessed his sister's death, and he couldn't save her.

It was all his fault.

But it really wasn't.

He knew this, but he couldn't accept it.

It couldn't be the driver's. He was supposed to protect her, like mother said.

But did she really? Maybe it was just something Jin was expected to do. Maybe it was something that Jin had swore to do since he was born.

But Jin couldn't save her, could he?

Deep in depression, he walked the streets alone like he always did. He couldn't stand the smell of his sister in his house. It reminded him too much of her, and then it would just get worse. Someday he would eventually step in that house, but today was not the time.

He needed time. It could be 3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years, 3 eternities. He wouldn't know, would he? No one would know.

He has thought of stepping into the street, taking the same fate as his sister. Maybe it would bring him back to her so he could see her again.

But he couldn't do it.

Something about stepping into the street scared him. Some invisible force was holding him back. Keeping him from being free of this pain.

Making him move on instead of ending himself.

Perhaps he should be grateful.

But the way he looks at you suggests he is not.

A/N

I hope you liked the first chapter of my first fan fiction! I've always wanted to do one of these but I've been busy with my original stories. I know it was kind of a dark first chapter but I hope it reached you as something meaningful/powerful.

-bangtanbeanz