Red

A/N: I feel like I just had to do a back to back post. It was heavily demanded and you gotta give the people what they want. So as a special holiday gift to you guys, another chapter! Enjoy🤟🏽😘

The flight I booked left at 5 a.m. the next morning. I was tired and worried but nothing was going to stop me from being with my Jess when she needed me most.

As soon as it landed I rushed to CeCe's house. Not missing a beat I knocked, more like banged, on the door.

"Alex," CeCe pulled me into her.

I wrapped my arms around her abdomen," CeCe what's going on?" I asked stepping in.

"You have to speak with Jess." She motioned upstairs.

Dropping my bag at the door I ran upstairs and to Jess' room.

She was asleep but she was tossing and turning, which turned to kicking and calling my name. Eyes wide I sat next to her and pulled her into me.

"I'm here baby, Jess, I'm right here." I said smoothing her hair down.

Her eyes were shut tight momentarily before they slowly opened and she saw me.

"This is a dream, you're going to leave again, and he'll get me." She shut her eyes again.

I leaned down and kissed her," this is no dream Jess. I love you and I'm here."

Her eyes opening I saw them fill with tears. She clutched to me, soaking my flannel in tears.

"Jess what's wrong?"

She shook as she cried, as she sobbed.

It lasted at least two hours. Her sobs broke my heart over and over.

The worst part is, I had no idea what was making her like this, or who.

I wasn't expecting Drew and Ali to come bursting through her bedroom door. Drew's eyes were panicked as if he were expecting her to be getting murdered or something. Ali's were full of worry, and tears.

"CeCe called, she said something was wrong with Jess and she didn't sound so good either, so we came." Drew explained coming over to the bed.

He squatted down next to me and placed his hand on Jess'

"Hey Jess, what's goin on?" He asked softly.

Jess shut her eyes and buried her head in my side.

I sighed and shook my head as Drew and Ali looked at me.

Shifting in my seat I put my hands on Jess' shoulders and sat her up.

"Baby, look at me," I said softly causing her to open her eyes slowly and look in mine," what's wrong, I need you to talk to me."

She closed her eyes and looked down," you're going to be mad at me, you're going to hate me."

I shook my head," I would never, ever, hate you Jessica. I love you." I told her.

"I-I was almost raped, it would've happened if his roommate didn't walk in-"

She kept talking but I didn't hear the rest.

I had read about it in books, seen it in movies. Someone would get so mad that all they saw was red. I thought it was just plot development, I thought it was a metaphor for how mad a person was but I was wrong.

At that moment, at that very moment, all I saw was red. Multiple shades of it every where I looked.

My hands dropped from Jess' shoulders and my fists clenched.