News at the table

I moved around the table making sure everything was in place , I had just found out I was pregnant yesterday and I'd called Ethan's family to come over for dinner where I'd tell the news to them and Ethan, to say I was nervous would be an understatement though I'm sort of sure they will be happy with the news , what if they think it's to early , I always wanted to be a young Mum and Allah has granted me that , well not yet but soon Insha'Allah .. But I am only 23 so what if they are dissapointed with me I thought to myself. The sound of cutlery being set down on the table made me snap out of the debate I was having with myself. "Don't worry Sabrina , you'll see they'll be beyond happy when they hear the news" Stacey said placing a comforting hand on my shoulder , she'd been such a great friend to me and stayed over last night to keep me company since Ethan had come home late , around 1 or 2.

"How do you like the veggie curry?" I asked everyone around the table which was Isaac , James , and Dave (Ethan's father) on one side and Stacey , Shanina on the other side whilst me and Ethan were sat at the opposite heads of the table. "It's delicious darling , but nothing beats your lamb and chickpeas curry" Shanina complimented and smiled warm heartedly , "thank you but my cooking is nothing compared to yours" I said back modestly , Dave chuckled "I'm not to sure about that" he said , earning laughter from everyone except Shanina who scowled jokingly. "Where's Lilly?" I asked referring to Isaac and Stacey's 2 year old daughter , she was honestly a bundle of joy. "I got Wendy to babysit her until 9:15" Stacey said and then glanced over at the kitchen clock which stated it was currently 7:30 , "oh alright , well I did call you guys over for dinner so I could make an announcement , which not even than Ethan is aware of , only Stacey , I had only found out yesterday and I wanted everyone to be here before I let you all know ..-" I took a sip of my water before continuing , -I'm pregnant."

"Oh my I can't believe it" Ethan said , joy filled his eyes as he hugged my tight in his arms , everyone else had been very pleased with the news and congratulated me saying I'd make a beautiful mother and then I had given out desert , but since I didn't want any , well more like Ethan lifted me out of there into our living room where he could shower me with kisses and ask me so many questions until he was shouting "I'm going to be a dad" , I wiped the tears of joy trailing down his face with my thumb and placed a soft kiss on his lips , "yes you are my love,you'll be an amazing dad." Once everyone had left I started getting ready for bed since the dished were already cleaned with the help from Shanina. I was sat at the end of mine and Ethan's bed brushing my hair hair when Ethan came out of the bathroom changed into a white comfy t shirt and sweatpants , he got on the bed and sat behind me taking my waist length hair into his hands and started parting it into three sections and braiding it for me , "I feel like the most happiest man alive right now, a beautiful wife and a beautiful baby on the way" he whispered placing his head on my shoulder , which made me feel the stubble on his cheek against my soft skin.